Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 105 to 117 of 177
  1. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,015
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, over a year of use and no problems, although I don't use the temp sensors which could be why I haven't had any. But I just ordered a set of 1250's, so the testo will be backups now
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

    Sig line removed by Admin*

    Lets see if this gets removed..............

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    133
    While I've only had mine for a few weeks, the only real problem I've had is understanding I have to look past the screen and really read what it's telling me and not assuming that there is something wrong with it! I'm 0 for 2 so far. Oh and thanks to Testo for not getting upset with me for not believing one rep vs the other and taking the time to call me back for an issue I THOUGHT I had. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    That is dumb if they won't sell parts like this.
    If it is easy why not get material locally and fix it.
    You could even get some plexy or polycarbonate and make it better.
    The lcd display is proprietary.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

    Born Again KA

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,654
    So the outer glass lens is integrated into the LCD and a integral part?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  5. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,693
    well, I have been a supporter of the Testo stuff and have had my issues with the 550 and now I have another.

    the hook, pot metal as it appears, broke and the unit fell 1.5 feet of the side of a condenser and the high side temp reading quit.

    It is not the probe, as both work on the low side.

    So off to Testo they go, the buy local keeps looking better and better as this is the 4th or 5th time sending things out for repair.

    Quite the bummer as summer just hit here and a/c calls should be piling up!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    well, I have been a supporter of the Testo stuff and have had my issues with the 550 and now I have another.

    the hook, pot metal as it appears, broke and the unit fell 1.5 feet of the side of a condenser and the high side temp reading quit.

    It is not the probe, as both work on the low side.

    So off to Testo they go, the buy local keeps looking better and better as this is the 4th or 5th time sending things out for repair.

    Quite the bummer as summer just hit here and a/c calls should be piling up!!!
    Bummer! Unfortunately it's not the first time and surely it won't be the last!
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Triad - North Carolina
    Posts
    328
    Ok, I finally broke down and got a set. The 550-2. There hanging in the van now along with my collection of analog gauges. I guess I'll see for myself how they will hold up.

    It does feel odd carrying them after using analog for so long.
    Every problem gives us the opportunity to choose from several solutions: stupidity, ignorance, indifference, or brilliance. Which one will you choose?

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith73 View Post
    Ok, I finally broke down and got a set. The 550-2. There hanging in the van now along with my collection of analog gauges. I guess I'll see for myself how they will hold up.

    It does feel odd carrying them after using analog for so long.
    Did you get the beefier hook, gasketed battery door and green o-rings on the temperature sensor plugs?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    So the outer glass lens is integrated into the LCD and a integral part?
    No, the lens is part of the front half of the case. ie: not a separate part.

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    No, the lens is part of the front half of the case. ie: not a separate part.
    There is no way to change the glass out for something else kiwi?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Triad - North Carolina
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Did you get the beefier hook, gasketed battery door and green o-rings on the temperature sensor plugs?
    That would be the one!
    Every problem gives us the opportunity to choose from several solutions: stupidity, ignorance, indifference, or brilliance. Which one will you choose?

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    133
    There is no beefer hook for the current 550 from what Testo told me.
    Supermarket Tech...and anything else the boss finds for me!

  13. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,654
    I guess the new style doesn't fit on the old version Txv but the new ones are different.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event