Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
    Guess it's a Ford vs Chevy sort of thing, with the Digi-cool supporters being extremely loyal to the brand.

HOLLY CRAP just started looking into these and come across this older thread and read the whole thing wish I would have checked the time when i started. I'm trying to find out if the newer 570 has fixed all these issues that the people that have had probs. with have been fixed. witch i posted in another thread hoping that Jim will chime in.I'm not sure how long the 570 has been out and if its been street tested very long.I really like the features on the 570 but am afraid that it won't handle a drop from a few feet. that is a real scenario and moisture. I'm not going to through them of the roof nor hit it with a hammer but i will use them daily res. and light com.

I noticed in the videos of people smashing the digicool with a hammer that some of them complained about there being too much padding under the housing they were trying to break. I questioned this myself but then I found these videos and noticed in the shop the man did not use padding at all.

http://digi-cool.com/torture-test

Hi folks, it's been a while
    The hook just broke yesterday on my 550's, that sucked. Have taken good care of them too.
    I have the testo's and the SMAN3's. Love them both.
    No complaints till now. Damn hook gave up without warning. Filled out a contact form on the testo website. they do not have a real support form that I can find. I just need a HOOK!
    Anybody got a donation for me

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The 550 is a rock solid instrument.
    Hello,
    What is the best way to get a replacement hook for my 550?

Easiest way is to make your own, IMO. Guy at work made mine out of a piece if welding rod and took all of 20 minutes to do it. I was on #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith73 View Post
    Hello,
    What is the best way to get a replacement hook for my 550?
    Keith,
    PM me with an address or fill out a CRM at TruTech and we will send one out no charge.
    JLB,

I have had mine going on three years now with no problems but the hook probably broke 4 hooks now if you send them back to testo they will replace the whole back to accept the new larger hooks that come in the 570's and do a software update for free one of my co-workers just got his back they even replaced a broken temp clamp

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314