+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Testo 550 Reliability?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    how much?? sold
    $275 total. Everything works, except the lead is broken off, completely to the unit. I will send a picture this afternoon.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    why?? would I want them If I break them ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lockhart View Post
    Good first Day at the booth.....lots of interest and NO ONE broke the DRSA so we couldn't give away a AK900....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4GE...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJDNk...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh30_...ature=youtu.be

Thought that you all might be interested in this.

Video from the "break a DRSA" at AHR.

Sadly, nobody won...........

Post Likes
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Thought that you all might be interested in this.

Video from the "break a DRSA" at AHR.

Sadly, nobody won...........
    Sadly, this has turned into something of a joke!!!!!!!!!!I don't no about my testo550 SHELL__ I haven't hit it with a hammer with the eletronics removed-- give me a break- there are plently of materials man makes that can take a beating by a hammer. If the aka900 was in the shell them bozs are hitting with the hammer it wouldn't work or in fact you wouldn't work either if hit by a hammer... give me a break.. I am sure Doug makes a very good product- I haven't tried one to judge- But I bought a testo 550 and was giving my experince with it- seeing as how that was what the question to this thread was about in the first place.
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    - give me a break- there are plently of materials man makes that can take a beating by a hammer.
    BUT........ sadly Testo didn't use "one" of these materials, otherwise the display on my 550 wouldn't have cracked!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    BUT........ sadly Testo didn't use "one" of these materials, otherwise the display on my 550 wouldn't have cracked!
    your display is part of the electroincs, it wouldn't of been in doug's test- he just used the outside <empty> shell.........

Post Likes
    your display is part of the electroincs, it wouldn't of been in doug's test- he just used the outside <empty> shell.........
    Sorry, should have used the term "display window" which is an integral part of the housing. Nothing to do with the electronics.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    Sorry, should have used the term "display window" which is an integral part of the housing. Nothing to do with the electronics.
    you no what i meant...

it is what it is. I can not say I am not a fan of digi cool...... I have never owned one................ but I do own a 550 and I have had no problems with mine.......... In fact I here GREAT things about digi cools.. it is just that I bought the testos here on line with thehvac-talk buy out thing we had almost 2 years ago and the 550 were my first digi's and I have liked them... I am sure That IF I wanted to spend some more money on a set I would like to get the aka900 but I don't need another set at the moment...... this debat
    could go on longer than time ...............

Post Likes
    Guess it's a Ford vs Chevy sort of thing, with the Digi-cool supporters being extremely loyal to the brand.

Post Likes
    HOLLY CRAP just started looking into these and come across this older thread and read the whole thing wish I would have checked the time when i started. I'm trying to find out if the newer 570 has fixed all these issues that the people that have had probs. with have been fixed. witch i posted in another thread hoping that Jim will chime in.I'm not sure how long the 570 has been out and if its been street tested very long.I really like the features on the 570 but am afraid that it won't handle a drop from a few feet. that is a real scenario and moisture. I'm not going to through them of the roof nor hit it with a hammer but i will use them daily res. and light com.

Post Likes
    I noticed in the videos of people smashing the digicool with a hammer that some of them complained about there being too much padding under the housing they were trying to break. I questioned this myself but then I found these videos and noticed in the shop the man did not use padding at all.

http://digi-cool.com/torture-test

Post Likes
    Hi folks, it's been a while
    The hook just broke yesterday on my 550's, that sucked. Have taken good care of them too.
    I have the testo's and the SMAN3's. Love them both.
    No complaints till now. Damn hook gave up without warning. Filled out a contact form on the testo website. they do not have a real support form that I can find. I just need a HOOK!
    Anybody got a donation for me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    The 550 is a rock solid instrument.
    Hello,
    What is the best way to get a replacement hook for my 550?

Post Likes
    Easiest way is to make your own, IMO. Guy at work made mine out of a piece if welding rod and took all of 20 minutes to do it. I was on #4.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith73 View Post
    Hello,
    What is the best way to get a replacement hook for my 550?
    Keith,
    PM me with an address or fill out a CRM at TruTech and we will send one out no charge.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    I have had mine going on three years now with no problems but the hook probably broke 4 hooks now if you send them back to testo they will replace the whole back to accept the new larger hooks that come in the 570's and do a software update for free one of my co-workers just got his back they even replaced a broken temp clamp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in