+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Testo 550 Reliability?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwireeferman View Post
    BluVac LTE at directhvacsupply.com $120.
    Seem to be great people to deal with.
    TY will get one ordered this week....

Post Likes
    let us know how you like it. If your vac setup has ANY leaks, they will show up on the bluvac.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    let us know how you like it. If your vac setup has ANY leaks, they will show up on the bluvac.

BluVac is a serious instrument and it will force you to re-evaluate your entire vacuum setup.

If you aren't prepared to do this, do not spend your money on it, you will not be happy.

Post Likes

reliability

I am all about getting it done right just not at the expense at buying delicate equipment that cant spend a day on a job without me without needing a cus service rep..I would love a vac guage that would last more than a week and to be able to stop using the old Johnson control digi vac guage that is the size of a vac pump......but hey that old dog works every day....reclaiming chillers upo to 300 tons is common and long periods of use for vacuum tools is very common...I will love the chance to use one that has durability built in. I will let ya know how it holds up in my particular position....

Post Likes
    farmfriendly, I can appreciate your reluctance in dealing with digital gauges given your past experiences.

I have owned Digi-Cool's for several years and was part of the beta testing team for the AK 900.

All I can say is that this is the real deal.
    The most rugged, accurate set of digi's that you could ever hope to own.

It will never let you down.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by farmfriendly View Post
    I am all about getting it done right just not at the expense at buying delicate equipment that cant spend a day on a job without me without needing a cus service rep..I would love a vac guage that would last more than a week and to be able to stop using the old Johnson control digi vac guage that is the size of a vac pump......but hey that old dog works every day....reclaiming chillers upo to 300 tons is common and long periods of use for vacuum tools is very common...I will love the chance to use one that has durability built in. I will let ya know how it holds up in my particular position....
    Being in the transport reefer trade in a northern climate I would bet is every bit as tough on tools as what you do if not more. I have a Digicool 1000, 1100 and a 1200 converted to a 1250. I cannot comment on the AK900 as I do not own one. But can on the ones I do. There is no other digital gauge out there that will take the beating and still perform the same day in and day out as a Digicool. The temperature clamp wiring sucked on the ones I have but can be replaced to a better set up with little effort. I believe that they have changed this so it is not an issue anymore but others will need to verify this.
    JB, Testo, Fieldpiece and any of the Fisherprice ones that I didn't mention are are all inferior when put up against the Digicool for the type of abuse they would see in my trade. Like you I have more than I would care to admit of crap tools that broke or just didn't do what was claimed they would. Digicool does not fall into that category.

Post Likes

reliability

slowly my bravery gains as for trying it once more.....Thanks gents

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by farmfriendly View Post
    slowly my bravery gains as for trying it once more.....Thanks gents
    Maybe this will put your mind at ease.

Doug Lockhart, the brain behind Digicool, is having a little contest at AHR this year.

If I understand the rules correctly, using a 16 ounce hammer, if you can break the housing of a DRSA, then he's going to give you an AK-900.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    I have used my testos all late spring and summer and now into fall of this year and I have had NO issuses with mine,, like the showing of superheat and subcooling at same time and the blacklighted screen is good.. like the heatpump option for not having to swicth your hoses around-- maybe I got lucky or whatever but I have had No issuses... I would recommend them
    1-23-12 months later now and still no isssusessssssss with mine
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    I have used my testos all late spring and summer and now into fall of this year and I have had NO issuses with mine,, like the showing of superheat and subcooling at same time and the blacklighted screen is good.. like the heatpump option for not having to swicth your hoses around-- maybe I got lucky or whatever but I have had No issuses... I would recommend them
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Maybe this will put your mind at ease.

Doug Lockhart, the brain behind Digicool, is having a little contest at AHR this year.

If I understand the rules correctly, using a 16 ounce hammer, if you can break the housing of a DRSA, then he's going to give you an AK-900.
    why?? would I want them If I break them ??
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    1-23-12 months later now and still no isssusessssssss with mine
    I have a 1250 and the lead that sticks out of the housing broke off....anyone want buy it? It is on a Titan manifold with all the hoses.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir
    I have a 1250 and the lead that sticks out of the housing broke off....anyone want buy it? It is on a Titan manifold with all the hoses.
    The sensor cable?

Those are replaceable.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo

why?? would I want them If I break them ??
    Maybe I'm not clear.

If you can break the housing of one of the DRSA, you get a brand new, un-damaged one.

Post Likes
    That sensor cable shouldn't be left connected when not in use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The sensor cable?

Those are replaceable.
    It was the part that connects into the manifold. Is that easy to repair?

Post Likes
    Post pix or email them to me.

Are they less then 2 years old? They have a 2 year warranty.

It doesn't sound like a difficult repair.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    If you can change the battery you can change that part
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Great, anyone want to buy it? The fieldpiece just seems so much easier to use with two clamps and surprisingly rugged design.

Post Likes
    I'm sure that you can sell it.

Post Likes
    how much?? sold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in