Thread: G E profile

Post Likes

G E profile

Hi guys, I didn't know where to post this, I thought there was an appliance forum. I have a GE profile ( don't have mod & ser # at this time ) gas fired. when I use the oven or range top I smell what appears to be aldihides (excuse the spelling ) It seems to go away after a while. I know aldihide is a product of poor combustion but I am a HVAC service tech. not an appliance tech. I thru my combustion analyzer on it , reading 75 to 80 ppm of CO. this can't be good. My wife thinks Iam trying to kill her!! Not a bad idea sometimes. Any suggestions? New range. Does the same for oven or top burners

Post Likes
    I believe its 50 ppm per hour of exposure that will start making you sick. Get rid of that thing or have it serviced by a GE authorized service tech.
    “Now the freaks are on television, the freaks are in the movies. And it’s no longer the sideshow, it’s the whole show. The colorful circus and the clowns and the elephants, for all intents and purposes, are gone, and we’re dealing only with the freaks.” - Jonathan Winters

Post Likes
    Its new out of the box !!!