Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: sweating issue's

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    I recently discovered a major flaw in Rheem's N-coil design when installed all the u-bends on the coil are in contact with the cabinets insulation. so when the coil starts to condensate what does all that water do, It drips right down the the inso right past the pan to the bottom of the unit.

I noticed that as well,they need to put a plate up like they did on the W coils.

There's no airhandler design that i HATE more than Rheems. Love the servicability on the condensers,but the way they design those A/H cabinets and coils is an abortion IMO. I get what they're accomplishing with the compact design but its totally impractical.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    I noticed that as well,they need to put a plate up like they did on the W coils.

There's no airhandler design that i HATE more than Rheems. Love the servicability on the condensers,but the way they design those A/H cabinets and coils is an abortion IMO. I get what they're accomplishing with the compact design but its totally impractical.
    I agree love the condenser design hate the a/h and I cant sell a mismatched system so Rheem just lost a ton of sales this summer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    Backwoods hit the nail on the head. In Florida its pretty common practice to at least partially seal off eave vents around the perimeter of the roof and try to raise the dew point in the attic. I've seen situations where the dew point was just under 80* and the average airhandler design will sweat bullets in those conditions.

As a side note,since the advent of Icynene attic insulation we've actually had to install dedicated DH units just for the attic space to avoid "cold attic syndrome".It does an excellent job of reducing the load on the structure but thats the side effect we contend with in Florida.
    fill me in a little more on the cold attic syndrome. I'm in south Louisiana so i'm sure we deal with the same hot humid conditions.

Post Likes
    Yeah, we deal with cold attic syndrome alot down here. Well ventilated attics are great for dropping the heat load to the house but it leaves the attic space cool and humid enough to have a very high dewpoint, say above 70*. The average A/H cabinet temp will typically be around 75-80 sometimes lower on the variable speed equipment and Bingo cabinet sweats.

By maintaining a higher attic temp we can drop the relative humidity which lowers our dewpoint. Molecules spread farther apart the greater the temp. is, so by keeping a higher temperature in the attic we're spreading the water molecules further apart which makes it impossible for them to condense on the A/H cabinet.

Post Likes
    You can install one of those new heatpump water heaters in the attic. You can cool and dehumidify... JK not enough run time.
    Yes, lower the DewPt, that's what's been said all along...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in