Hmm It hapenned to me today

Put a thermocouple in a Heat n Glo 6000, put it back together, fired it up, homeowner was so happy her fireplace was working again, gathered up my stuff and took it out to the truck and made her out a bill. Came back in and looked in the family room I thought there was a lot of condensation on the glass, went in for a closer look, the glass was shattered, she didn't even know it shattered. Fireplace was running about 15 minutes. Felt really bad for her.

So, what happen to you? What shattered; the glass front on the fireplace or the family room door??? If it was the glass front, how do you know it was your fault and what did you do about it?

heatkits-
    it was the fireplace glass, I didn't do anything to it, and I don't think it was my fault. I still told the lady I would get her a new glass for cost. All I did was take it off and put it back on when I was done. I did clean it for her.

You cleaned it! That's probably what did it... What did you use to clean it with? The makers of the Pellet stove in my living rm. say I have to use a special glass cleaner, due to the heat and a coating that may reside on the surface. I got some at Home Depot and so far so good.

Hate to say it but your 100% responsible if the glass brakes while your still there. If there was a week or month after you were there then that is less obvious you did it. It is up to you and your company to decide how to handle it but in the customers eyes (and their friends, family, coworkers) YOU were there to clean it (AND NOT BREAK IT) and you failed. Don't take it personally as it happens to the best of us and you were the lucky SOB to get that call. On a side note, that is one reason I save glass on tear out R&R. Let your conscience guide you (not your wallet) to a resolution.