+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sitting home BORED

Post Likes
    the job i was working for the past 2 weeks is in the same building that had a fire in downtown Chicago. nobody allowed in the building. hopefully i can get my tools soon.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I'm sitting home bored because I stupidly trusted a large defense contractor to have their act together in getting me to work on a position we have been working on for three months.

I told this company exactly when I would be available and have spent thousands of dollars getting myself prepared for this overseas job. Now, here I sit with my recruiter telling me he has no idea when I will be needed.

The money ran out two weeks ago and I cannot even file for unemployement because I willfully quit my other job.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

Talking

Hey Robo...you can always put a sign on your neck "HVAC for food"

Hang in there Robo...and I hope that you dont have to go. I dont want to read about you in the papers. I can see it now " New Goodman a/c plant opening in Baghdad"

Good luck!

Post Likes
    Robo your too smart not to be a survivor sometimes the darkest despair later turns out to be a gift. In the future it is best never to trust any government or affiliated organization unless your object is to infiltrate and sabotage them. My friend works for Homeland Security out of El Paso Texas they sent him to Washington dc and after 6 months he had an unpaid Government credit card bill of 30g.
    Apparently they outsourced their bill paying system to India and he couldn't even understand the people when he tried to talk to them. He had to get a lawyer to file a suit to get them to pay which they did as soon as he filed it and paid the lawyer too. Only in America.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes
    If I get any big jobs real soon, and I have many bids out that look promising, ya wanna come to the Burgh and work for a week.....cash deal?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I am soooo sorry to hear you are getting a stroke job, i would go and apply for unemployment on the grounds you were promised a new job just as you said!

I know a man of your stature will be on your feet in noo time!

Post Likes
    Call Gooman, beg for forgivness, get your job back while ya still can.....can ya????
    If you don't end up going over there it is fate.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I'm sitting home bored because I stupidly trusted a large defense contractor to have their act together in getting me to work on a position we have been working on for three months.

I told this company exactly when I would be available and have spent thousands of dollars getting myself prepared for this overseas job. Now, here I sit with my recruiter telling me he has no idea when I will be needed.

The money ran out two weeks ago and I cannot even file for unemployement because I willfully quit my other job.
    ROFL I'm laughing with you, not at you...must have been the way you wrote it...
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes

robo

we all make mistakes friend. don't be too hard on yourself. and to top it off it's that depressing time of the year for some of us.

hit the bricks and pull your self up bud. spend some time with loved ones. good luck

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Call Gooman, beg for forgivness, get your job back while ya still can.....can ya????
    If you don't end up going over there it is fate.
    My old job has been filled. I spent two weeks training my replacement, mostly on protocol, he is already a good tech rep and a decent type of guy.

I left on good terms and have already set up for returning to Goodman in a different capacity or as a tech rep in another region, but that isn't planned for another year.

I agree Dice; if this doesn't happen it is fate. It is fate that has got me to this point actually. Because of this venture I have had to get a complete medical that my family and doctors have been after me to get for over two years now. As it turns out, aside from high cholesterol, I am quite healthy. The cholesterol is still in the acceptable range for the Iraq position and is now being lowered even further with medication.

I am going to muddle along with some temporary work I am doing for friends and family to tide me over till the New Year. If I ain't gone by then, I will have to change my plans.

Dice, thanks for the offer. I think the term "work" is a bit offstandish though, don't you?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Good luck, who knows maybe you will go back into biz down there or something.

Post Likes
    You want to come fix a waterheater?

Post Likes
    If your used to working on Goodmans .... does that mean you can also work on regular A/C equipment?

Or does it have to be on stripped down models only?

jus kidding.

Post Likes
    I was originally recruited to replace an Amana tech rep. Hell, I didn't even know Amana had an HVAC line at the time

I can work on anything because it is all operated on the same basic principals. I was a Carrier and Rheem/Ruud dealer for years and did some repping for Rheem/Rudd equipment. Not much out there in resi/light commercial I haven't seen.

Oh, and before getting into the business end of our trade I designed, manufactured and installed commercial and industrial duct systems.
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in