Thread: locating work

I have recently went to work for myself, and have been using the web to make things a little easier on me. I have found one site sponsored by Build Central that list bid notices and other work listings. The site has been useful and I have been tring to locate similar sites but have not had any luck. Can anyone refer me to some of these sites???

Originally posted by motojo
    I have recently went to work for myself, and have been using the web to make things a little easier on me. I have found one site sponsored by Build Central that list bid notices and other work listings. The site has been useful and I have been tring to locate similar sites but have not had any luck. Can anyone refer me to some of these sites???
    Service or installs? I do both..I sub alot of boilers and furnace/AC for a large oil co. In the winter They also send me alot of their jobs that will tie up a tech for 3 or 4 hrs.. PR valves, circ, burners etc. I also get installs from the small co's I do service for. Build a reputation, in a small town it won't take long if you do good work. You do have Md Master HVAC lic.

We do a lot of service, I have a partner and we both work in the field at least 40 hrs/week. We are in a small town and have both been running calls all over western Md, for other companies. By the time we were able to get a master license we had plenty of good contacts. About 65% is comm. service and a lot of refrigeration. We also do a fair amount of installs, but here in Cumberville the residential end slows down a lot and the commercial end of installs is almost non-existant all year round.(with the exception of a few rooftop changeouts here and there) I would like to find a couple of commercial installs around the Fredrick metro area. Preferably retail stuff that I have done a good bit of.(for other companies)We have plenty of service but being new most of our clients are on maint contracts and that keeps things under control and avoids "emergency surprises".
    One guy can keep up just fine and free one of us up to travel a little and make a little better money with less manhours
    WEATHERGUARD Inc
    MD H.V.A.C.R #5089