Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I bet I just finally reached that point.

Not drinkin' feels good too, and It's a ***** not to want a smoke if I mix a drink. I am alot happier guy all around now and a better "Dad"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

maybe an x-alcoholic? 8-x

I don't drink as much as I used to because of my liver, it is damaged from all the partys overseas. I might drinkl a couple of glasses of Jack Daniels in a month or so. But that is nothing to what I drank in Germany, when I was married to a german girl,lived in a off-post German house and played 4ADD Soccer with the germans.After every game it was a party for the winner/ or loser from Texas. They just wanted to get me drunk and ask me about Texas ,cattle ,oilwells and money of which I didnot have any of the three listed. Drinking now keeps me from going off on somebody where it used to make me want to go off on somebody. Funny after you get older how things seem to go in reverse.....

I am not an alcoholic but I might have been at one time around 1971-1978....
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Spotts

Glad to hear bout the clean livin. You know I don't drink anymore. Just need to put the cigs down now. Hope everyones well there and Buss. is good. Didn't notice you were pie eyed at the convention though. Did notice some others.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

jan ist

20th anniversy for myself and wife. never been to a meeting, gust lucky, i guess

ALCOHOL A THOUSAND LAUGHS a million tears be well

I thought Jack was OK at the convention. There was one point at Bar Louies down by the river there where someone, I think it was Jade, said Jack has to eat soon, so we called up the limo and headed to Primantis. Other than that, I didn't notice.......but....I wasn't in any condition to notice either.........
    One thing though, when ya have a little kids, drinkin ain't fun, too much responsibility and work if ya wanna raise em right. Maybe an occasional night out but on a regular basis, not worth it.
    When my kids were young I didn't drink except at parties and stuff, no stopping after work at the bar. Came home and helped the wife who needed a break by then, often made a pot of coffee after work, and spent quality time with the kiddos. In the end it pays off.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

rubobornot Guest
    I had an alergic reaction to alchol when I was young, it made me stupid and spend all my money . Never looked back

Thanx guys.....

Dice is right, save it for an occasional night out. just 1 beer after work and all I did was sit on the couch or sneak out to the garage for more. I'm reminding myself of that old song..... Dont drink dont smoke What do ya do?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by rubobornot
    I had an alergic reaction to alchol when I was young, it made me stupid and spend all my money . Never looked back

HaHa! I used to say that about whiskey or tequila. "Naw, I don't drink tequila, it makes me break out. I break out doors, windows, safes, all kids of stuff"
    Walter Matthau

Re: Can't be that fast can it?

Originally posted by spotts
    Now 2 drinks and I can't remember? I'm thinkin I killed all the extra brain cells and now I'm down to the ones I need.
    I don't know. How many do you really need? I mean, I only have 7 left and they haven't spoken to one another since a weekend in July of 1986.

25 years clean & sober here. Before that, 13 years without missing a day. I didn't think I'd be able to kick it because everybody in my family had drinking problems and couldn't quit, so I figured it was hereditary, like a physical addiction.

Never could drink one and stop, and I always found a reason to have the first one. Then I'd drink until I crashed at bedtime. What I didn't realize all those years, was that I didn't need the first one as much as I thought I did

But cigarettes, I NEED THEM!!!!

an "expert" Guest
    Well i've just got to tell ya every stupid thing I've ever done involved a woman..............and maybe alcohol.

Thumbs up Went to a charity hockey game tonight

The teams were made up of a bunch of current (out of work) and retired NHL players. I enjoyed a few cold beers in the stands while watching the game.
    Of course, being Canadian, drinking beer and watching hockey is like being American and arguing about politics.

Re: Went to a charity hockey game tonight

Originally posted by Collin
    The teams were made up of a bunch of current (out of work) and retired NHL players. I enjoyed a few cold beers in the stands while watching the game.
    Of course, being Canadian, drinking beer and watching hockey is like being American and arguing about politics.
    Was that in Victoria? How was it? I grew up with Len Barrie.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast