Smile

I've been lurking here for some time now, and I felt it was time to join. Here is a little history on myself. I am 28 years old and I have been in the trade for about eight years. I went to HVACR school at the local vocational school and earned a degree in mechanical technology. I worked for a HVAC contractor for about three years right out of school and I learned quite a bit from the owner. He is an extremely smart man who is a master of the trade, but he was difficult to get along with. While employed at this job I studied for and got my journeyman cards in gas fitting and refrigeration. We did residential and commercial installs and service. I could no longer take the stress of working for this company anymore. I got a job with my current employer in 2001. The company is R & B Commercial Service Inc. We specialize in commercial food equipment and refrigeration. I enjoy this field and I mostly work on the "hot side". I have enjoyed reading this forum and I hope to be able to contribute to the community. There are obviously many members here who take their trade very seriously, as do I. Wow this post got a little long!
    Mark

Hope you enjoy your time here, it is enlighting..... and qiut lurking.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Diceman will be around shortly to give you a proper welcoming...welcome aboard

Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum community.

Tell me, what helped you to recieve the most training in the stuff you work on?

Books, class time, lectures, hands on, OJT, a Mentor ...what?

Originally posted by R12rules
    Hi Mark, welcome to the forum community.

Tell me, what helped you to recieve the most training in the stuff you work on?

Books, class time, lectures, hands on, OJT, a Mentor ...what?
    Oh boy, here we go...
    hang in there Mark
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Your first post was entirely too long. I read most of it though, but then I felt the sudden urge to go put up more Christmas lights.
    Stay away from R-12, he is dying to mentor someone, anyone.
    It borders on stalking, no not the silk kind, although I have feeling they are involved in his mentoring program on some level.
    Where did BO go to?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. R12- I have learned from books and OJT the most I would say. In the cooking equipment field you are never done learning. Every manufacturer has a different way to build a steamer, oven, etc. The basic training I received in school has been valuable.
    Mark

I smell fresh meat.....

Do you like chickens? Can you stop a waterheater from pissen?

Not that stupid water heater again.
    What did you do to fix it bird, anything at all?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I put a timer on it & it still pisses.Why do i have to be the only one in san jose with a expansion tank?A long time ago i put a check valve on my in comimg cold water line at waterheater because hot water was backing up in cold water line. I got this thing all screwed up. Come fix it for me & take my wife out to dinner so she`ll leve me alone.

What good would a timer do??????
    How about some relays next?
    Listen, let me splain it to ya........again.......that check valve is sealing up the hot water part of the system, incoming reducing valves do the same thing. The water heats up and has no where to go, like hot water boilers.
    An expansion tank absorbs that. Many new water meters also seal up the system, whereas the hot water used to expand back into the cold water lines. I put a new tank in last week for a guy and included the expansion tank, they are cheap and even you could install it. My wife and I want to see the left coast, but us some tickets and we are there...

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....