Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What is the toughest thing you ever had to learn?

Was it the physics of our industry? Superheat, subcooling, condensing of the refrigerant?

Or was it motor replacement applications?
    Afterall, one size DOES NOT fit all....

Was it oil return issues or start components problems!

Was it drawing ladder diagrams or simply following a schematic?

....Never had too much trouble working with the ladder diagrams.

Now, FALLING OFF ladders in another story.

Seriously though, job safety may be one of the easiest things to learn but one of the hardest to maintain.

Anything I did'nt have any interest in or anything that I thought was stupid or just a bad Idea in general. Such as: Parker controls/carrier vvt sys., maybe I'm a little slow but that has to be the worst nightmare for me. Or, anytime someone tries to control a D.X. unit with a control sys. that closes v.a.v. boxes while dumping supply air into the return when the equip. does not have hot gas bypass, unloaders or the appropiate staging abilities. Its very hard for me to get excited about situations like this, and I know good people in the business who say these systems work great if you know what you are doing. Because of my lack of approval, I loose interest in trying to understand how it works or trying to solve any problems. I'm not sure if this was the type of example you were looking for, but this is a problem I've always had when I'm faced with any poor application of technology or any kind of over designed setup.
    All my leon freaked out!

Hardest thing was and still is dealing with dumb asses, those that work in the field and think they are God Almighty and then the customers.

Simple 208 volt single phase start relays. To this day I need a diagram!!
    Any pre cad wiring diagram, those give me fitts!
    Bernie
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Knox CO. KY Occupation: Residintial and Commercial instalation, service,and commercial refrigeration. Interests:4wheeling and Hunting
    Was it drawing ladder diagrams or simply following a schematic?

I can follow a diagram pretty good but when my instructor gives us a list of things, then say draw me a diagram and make these work. Well then I have trouble drawing it.

I had a hard time doing what I would call"seeing how a schematic works in my head"It is kind of hard to explain but let me try.hmmm I guess I will have to put some thought into it before I answer.I can say though it was just like turning on a light switch one day.I was sitting there going over some complex multilevel schematics & bang I knew how all the parts interconnected & operated with feedback or path of least resistance safety circuits & all.I now like to look at schematics & find weaknesses in design & to redesign them to work more simply.------I never will forget the day the lights came on!
    Take your time & do it right!

Customer service, in other words, not strangling some jackass that had it coming.

Well Dave, by yor own admission.... we are alot alike.

I get angry just thinking of someone, anyone interupting my work. Especially someone outside the industry itself ... like an end user/ manager.

But my employers always insist I do my best to make them happy. So I do whatever I can. Even to the point of keep my mouth shut.

Just makes me wonder ... why so many who speak their minds ... keep their jobs.

Black Boxes... I've never been one to take for granted that part of the schematic that has many circuts terminating in a lined square simply labelled "Logic" or "PCB #1". As soon as I see this on a schematic I start mumbling to myself. Before that it was schematics in general. Considering the number one cause of breakdowns is electrical we get precious little quality training on it.

But, I'm clean shaven and don't wear a hat.....

in collage....everything came to me good..but for
    the damn sevice valves ..it took me about 2 days to get this...inseat midseat backseat..i just thought there was an on and a off...felt really dumb after the fact..

Definitly has to be reading and making since of schematics with many complex circuits. The intllepak 75 ton rtu kicked my ass today. Doesnt seem so bad.......but to me it was rough. One day it would be nice just to walk up to it and read it like the morning paper. But for now........I keep a full bottle of pain reliever in the van!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast