Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vatterott

Dose any one here go to vatterott

if i knew what the hell it was i'd probably show up , just to have a beer or two.

so, what is vatterot?

i hope its not similar to crotch rot.

it is a tec colledge ther is 17 of them i go to one in O'Fallon MO.

I go to the one in Sunset Hills. I just started a few months ago. We are learning the basics now, but I am kind wondering how good their job placement really is? So how do you like it so far?

stlhvac

I go to the new O'Fallon campus and i realy like it,I'am in phase 2,I work at True Manufacturing during the day as maintaince,then go to school at night. So how are they treting you out in Sunset Hills?
    What kind of tools did they give you? Ours suck,thats my only complaint.

I thought it was a redneck word.

"Vatterott if'n you don't put it in the fridge soon."

tools

I love the meters,and some of the tools are fine for students,but there are a lot of kids in my class have already broken and damaged many of there tools,partly because they don't know how to use them,I whis we were given the same tools, but from Craftsmen, or snap on,something that is a good durable name brand with life time waranties. But that is not even what bothers me,It is the fact that we were all told we HAD to take the tools provided by Vatterott,If I knew we could buy our own then me and half my class would have,this is not your fault,it is the admissions reps,for missleading us in many things.
    Sorry if I ofended you,I am just VERY picky about my tools and equipment,and don't like being given false info when it is my money.
    By the way, great job on the St.Ann HVAC lab.

why cant a student spend as much as he can afford? why is there a limit?

is this a pc school where everyone is equal despite their abilities and finances?

Hey lmtd,
    Understand that Unico is doing their training schools there at Vattarot.
    We just had Ted Brown do a program for our employees last night (12/8)

LMTD

Thanks for your reply on this subject. Jerry and Ray realy did not have anything to do with it,I never even got to meet them until well after I started in August,you said we should have seen the tools when we saw the campus,because I did not.I understand that you had to balance the tools,but if I bought my own tools I would have bought everything on the list then some,I was willing to spend alot more on the tools if I picked them but they never made me aware of any other options.But it dont realy matter anymore,it was just a topic that came up in class and had a few guys were pretty upset,I just thought I would see if anyone online had the same problem.
    Thanks for sending the unit,I have already been looking into it,that type of stuff is why I'm geting into the feild,I want to do all comertial and industrial work,I realy don't have any interest in residential.
    Our lab is coming along nice, Jeremy just bought 5 new units on Monday,It would be nice if the electrical class wasn't taking up the other side of the lab. Thanks again.

I understand why ther is a minimum. Is johnstone one of your suppliers,I know they give our campus a little discount,as long as we are going to school.

Hi LMTD and all.

I graduated many many yr ago from Springfield campus. To answer one question , the placement is fantabulous,probably the best part of the program .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast