Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by hvac45
    which time?
    ther is not enough band width for all of us to post each time
    i wanted to put a picture here

Our senior year in college, we were living together. Sitting up on our waterbed just hanging out. I said, hey ya wanna get married....she said....sure. And that was it, no big event, go getting down on my knees and crying and stuff. Didn't have any money, no job prospects, nuttin. Didn't even have a ring, she finally got a really good one, several years later.......anyway, that was 3 kids and over 30 years ago, so I guess we did something right.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You went to college? It took me 2 trys to get out of high school.

That's why ya can't fix your water heater.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Piss on the waterheater,i gave up on it.My wife emptys the bucket every day now.

Did ya put on an expansion tank?
    Ya lazy bastard.........

How about a condensate pump for it.........

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

We were all drinking at a local pizza joint and the words slipped out of my mouth. Too much of a pussy to take it back. Six months later I kicked her out and filed for divorce. We're still friendly though.

Wow, Jerry, how romantic......

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I don't remember the exact time and way I made that request. What I DO remember very clearly was a year of 'sin' later when she looked at me one night and asked, "Are you gonna marry me or what?"

Wasn't about to let a little thing like fear of commitment get in the way. She was a class act. We did the JP thing, I was so scared I couldn't say I do, came out "I shall." And I did too. 25 years last July 6, see fireworks every anniversary (and most nights!)
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

I knew she wanted to marry me. So I thought I'd surprise her by arranging everything before hand and then proposing to her on the coming family reunion in two weeks.

I even had her best friend set up to go down to the county courthouse with me, stand in for Susan and sign for the license.
    I figured I'd just lift her driver's license and have her friend present that for proper ID and getting the marriage license in the proper name.

As the date approached, I chickened out and told her the whole story.
    Within one hour, we were both downtown at the courthouse filling out the paperes for the marriage license and next we made a trip across the street to fit her up for the ring.

In the end ... she asked how I managed to get her friend to agree to such a hair brained sceme.
    Her friend Catherine is black. Susan is white.

I just reminded Susan that the folks who work at the county building are color blind and probably woulda never knowed the difference.

True story....

Hey guys I am afraid to tell you all how I got down on one knee and asked her, you will just kid me about it. But I still remember itlike it was yesterday. March 19, 1971 about 9:00 AM.
    Now we have 3 sons, 4 grandsons, and 1 granddaughter.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12