Thread: const. ht/cool

Lightbulb

There's and article in the NEWS about using equipment as construction heaters or A/C. Smacna is doing a white papre so hvac contractors can have something authoritative to give GCs and homeowners. Planned to come out early 2005.

There's a survey to fill out on the site http://www.achrnews.com which they will forward to SMACNA. Don't know if you need a subscription to fill it out, but I'm going to mention this thread on the survey just in case. Any input on the subject? Better yet, solutions you've found to this problem.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

i am all for anything/everything they can do for the contractor in this situation....the contractor gets stuck between manufacturer and customer on this situation way too much IMO...there i'll start the ball rolling,hopefully!!

i can't believe there are no mores replies to this,..i would think that this has to be an issue that most everyone has run into before..

How would plumbers feel with we used the pipes in the slab to dump the holding tank on our RV? What ***** would we get for cutting holes in the finished drywall to make our job easier and more comfortable to do?

This is a major problem that gets little respect. I think one step in the right direction would be for every a/c contractor to put a denial of warranty in every contract if anyone fires the equipment but us.

On our side, never enable equipment to be functional until the buyer wants to move in. This isn't an impostion on your time, but an opportunity to meet someone who should become your new customer for life.

Like many issues in life, its a 'carrot and stick' thing. Make it not cost effective to screw with the a/c equipment. Other arrangements can be made at cost if heating/cooling are truly necessary or desirable during construction.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.