HeatNGlo Programmable Remote install?

HeatNGlo Programmable Remote install?

I can’t seem to get the Skytech 5301P to work with my HeatNGlo fireplace. If I wire the receiver to the power rocker as shown in this manual (for the HeatNglo smart-batt remote - yes different remote), it does not operate the fireplace. Can anyone provide guidance on this remote and whether or not it will work with this fireplace please?

Guessing HeatNBlo products are proprietary junk and I'm gonna have to pony up the $350 for this overpriced remote which is not a 5/2 programabble. Trying to use my fireplace for actual heat.

Thanks!

To turn the fireplace on all you have to do is complete the circuit on the wires going to the switch. So either you have it hooked up wrong or your remote is broken.

In fact many of the remotes that Heat & Glo uses are made by SkyTech.

The RCT-MLT allows you to control flame height and fan speed with the remote, you will not get this on a third party remote that I am aware of. Many fireplaces are not designed to be a primary source of heat as it states in the manual for yours, this is probably why they do not offer a fully 5/2 programmable remote.

NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS A PRIMARY HEAT SOURCE.
    This appliance is tested and approved as either supplemental
    room heat or as a decorative appliance.

That's about all the info we can give on this forum. No DIY advice allowed. You will have to talk to your local dealer if you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    To turn the fireplace on all you have to do is complete the circuit on the wires going to the switch. So either you have it hooked up wrong or your remote is broken.

In fact many of the remotes that Heat & Glo uses are made by SkyTech.

The RCT-MLT allows you to control flame height and fan speed with the remote, you will not get this on a third party remote that I am aware of. Many fireplaces are not designed to be a primary source of heat as it states in the manual for yours, this is probably why they do not offer a fully 5/2 programmable remote.

NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS A PRIMARY HEAT SOURCE.
    This appliance is tested and approved as either supplemental
    room heat or as a decorative appliance.

That's about all the info we can give on this forum. No DIY advice allowed. You will have to talk to your local dealer if you need more help.
    Thanks for the quick reply, that's exactly what I needed to hear

Ahhh, so the recieving unit should simply close the circuit. A quick test confirmed it does not; defective unit.

I guess I need to continue figuring out why my in-floor radionic heat has never worked. I spend $500 a month in gas and freeze all winter.

Thanks again