EPA certification
    I start Hvac school in january and was wondering when is the best time to get my EPA certification?

Originally posted by robhvac
    I start Hvac school in january and was wondering when is the best time to get my EPA certification?

Hello Rob,

Welcome to the forum community.

In answer to your question .. I would say the best time to take that test is when you are ready.

How long is your schooling?

Tell us about your school and keep us posted.

We're here for you.

What is your background? Hobbies?

Have you posted in DiceMan's 9mm thread yet?

My schooling will take 2 years. I will be attending a community college for Hvac, But im not sure when to take my EPA certification exam. Any help would be great

If you are going to a community college , one of the coursee you will be required to take will be to prepair you for the EPA exams. It will probably be best if you were to wait untill that class is offered. If you are dying to take the test, take the 609 first and see how you do .

The EPA Test is not work the plastic it is wrapped in, if you plan on making HVAC a career, find a part or full time job with a QUALITY HVAC contracter as laborer or assisting a service tech.

Originally posted by T Martin
    The EPA Test is not work the plastic it is wrapped in, if you plan on making HVAC a career, find a part or full time job with a QUALITY HVAC contracter as laborer or assisting a service tech.
    I tried that and they told me to go to school and learn the trade.

I am a student as well and my school offers the EPA exam twice a semester I believe. When I asked my instructor when I should take the exam he told me to take it when I knew for sure I would pass it because understood it, not just because I knew the answers to the questions. I'm about to wrap up my first semester, and I don't think I'm quiet ready yet.

Try doing a search to find the answers to the questions you have. Years of questions exactly like the ones you have asked (in this thread and others) have most likely been answered along with questions you haven't even thought of yet from others breaking into the field. It may however take some time to sift through the debris for the answers you seek. Just remember, both teachers and employers like initiative, show 'em you have some by reading what the "pros" have already covered here. There's a veritable cornucopia of knowledge here waiting to be absorbed by people who want to learn. Happy hunting.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=49523

If this link does not take you there you can find this artical in the "for your interest" section

Its an excellant artical

have you talked to them sense then, now that you are in the class they might take you on, i currently have 3 students i have hired, they are working out great and they are above the learning curve.

Originally posted by T Martin

have you talked to them sense then, now that you are in the class they might take you on, i currently have 3 students i have hired, they are working out great and they are above the learning curve.
    Most of the places i have been too told me that i have to finish school first before they can give me a job. I tried being a helper before but it was hard to get in that way.