+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raleigh NC Charlotte NC Charleston SC Richmond VA

Post Likes
    I would like to hear about jobs or anyone that has lived or live in this area Richmond VA,Charleston SC,Charlotte NC & Raleigh NC.Thanks

Post Likes
    I lived in Richmond most of my life, left 12 years ago for the wide open spaces of the West.
    I worked for Colonial Mechanical and then Landis and Gyr( now Siemens Building Technologies). Both were good companies at the time, I don't know about their current reputations.All of the major players were there, Trane, Carrier, York etc.
    Richmond was a pleasant enough place for the most part,strong economy usually, decent wages,decent schools in the suburbs,it just got too big for me.
    As for the weather, mild winters, occasional snow and VERY HUMID summers.
    It's only 3 or so hours from Raleigh, you should take a long weekend and visit both.

Good Luck

[Edited by iguy on 12-02-2004 at 05:13 PM]

Post Likes
    if you can't find a job in Charlotte, then you aren't looking for one. not a bad location, couple hours to the mountains, few hours to the beach. plenty to do in the area.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    Lots of work in Charlotte area, cost of living kinda high, but if you live out of the city not too bad. Lots to do (if youre single). mild winters , extremely humid summers, lots of pretty women. oh did I mention Nascar...
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Post Likes
    pabull & tlcartman what is the pay like for a good installer I make $15.50 in wv.What is the work like is there much new building gone on.How bad in the traffic & what is one of the best town in the area to live in.

Post Likes
    You can easily get better than $15.50 in chas. according to your exspertise. I do mostly svc. tech's here range from $15 for mid-level guys to $25-28 for some. I love this area mild winters & plenty to do here. I've ductwork that needs doin if thats your thing. As in most places ( < assumption ) the demand for Qualified help exceeds the availability here. Good luck.

[Edited by sctech on 12-02-2004 at 10:04 PM]
    I can do all things...

Post Likes
    Frame, I (like sctech) have done mostly svc. In the Charlotte Area, you can make a lot better than 15.50/hr., depending on exp. Go to http://www.charlotteobserver .com abd click on Jobs.
    Enter hvac and then charlotte nc. You will find many ads for installers.As far as places to live, I live in Union Co. (Monroe area).Other less expensive areas incl: Gaston Co.(Gastonia) abd Cabarrus Co. (concord area) all within 1/2 hr of charlotte. Good Luck in your endeavors. Feel free to email me if you have any questions that I can help you with. (addy in my profile under homepage)

Post Likes
    rock hill is the best place to live if you work in charlotte. i swear winthrop college has the best looking women around, and besides, SC is a much nicer place than nc to live in.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tlcartman
    rock hill is the best place to live if you work in charlotte. i swear winthrop college has the best looking women around, and besides, SC is a much nicer place than nc to live in.
    I have to disagree w/ SC being a better place to live...lol.
    But I will agree that Winthrop U. definately has its share of nice p-tang wonderin about.

Post Likes
    Is there any test I have to take in charlotte NC or charleston SC to do hvac work I lived in wilmington NC for two years you had to have a j1 card & gas card I have my epa card?How hard is it to find you way around town?

Post Likes
    Some employers may give you a pre-employment test ,most are very basic hvac questions . If you're gonna run a lot of the flexable gas lines they may want you to get a gas card but its a easy test you take right at the supply house. Charleston has a reasonable cost of living I think. You'll find the "big boy's" here as well if thats your thing. ( trane,york,carrier factory svc) Quite a few companys here pay the installers piece or production pay but you will also find hourly . Let me know what kind of company you would like to work for if you're gonna consider chas. ( family owned, corporate, commercial, residential, ect) & I'll give you some contact info.
    I can do all things...

Post Likes
    sctech I am looking for a company that take care of there guys & has newer equipment like newer vans & has good benefits & pay I have hade better luck with small companys but I will work for a big company to.I most of all need a company that you get 40 hour a week some over time but not a lot 55 or less.Thanks

Post Likes
    ok frame here are some locally owned company's you might try.: wappoo service 843-556-7011 I've got a friend that installs there good bene's & pay nice performace bonus program.I think most of their business is installing. , fogal services 843-832-8976 A smaller company dont know that much about them except the supply houses speak highly of them, blanton's heating & air 843-207-1274 a small growing company the owner seems like a very down to earth guy turns wrench's just like the employee's. hope that helps
    I can do all things...

Post Likes

What kind of work do you do?

sales, engr., etc?

Post Likes
    installing,sheet metal,sales,designing installation jobs some service hvacwv why do you ask?

Post Likes
    frame did you contact any of the company's listed ?
    I can do all things...

Post Likes
    sctech thanks for the tips I called one & they said at this time they where not hiring one said call back later & the other one the pay wasn't much to talk about.Thanks sctech

Post Likes
    frame e-mail me @ doctorhvac@msn.com

Post Likes
    frame call me at 804 437 8994 would like to talk to you about job in richmond.

Post Likes
    I am the Operation Manager of a company in Richmond. We are not currently looking in Richmond but I am looking for someone in the Lynchburg/Roanoke area. I believe our Raleigh office is hiring as well. You can email me at paul.spencer@seaboardmechanical.com or call 800-655-4132 for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in