+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired of reading this place in a teeny weeny area???

Post Likes
    I knew you two were secretly in love.
    Like when you were young and liked someone, you used to hit them.......like that.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Thanks a lot for that reminder of royc. I think I liked it better when you just called me a pimp for hack products

Dice is getting jealous.....good! Keeps him on his twinkle toes.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hi-tork
    all right Dice, here's what i found; i counted the question marks because the periods were making me ill...I came up with 106

so that would look like this: there's 60 that will fit in the type-in box on a line...if you want periods done, do it yourself
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

I don't think the counting will work... bewteen the fonts used, our differing screen resolution, differing window size and things like that the right # of "?" for you will be different than the right # of "?" for me.

But I do like the idea - simple yet effective (most of the time!!!)

Post Likes
    Geez, Dice that is really annoying. Didn't you ever hear of the old saying, "If it ain't broke don't fix it.?" How do you read your Pittsburg Evening Sun newpaper. Don't they have little columns?

[Edited by benncool on 12-03-2004 at 12:59 PM]

Post Likes
    No it isn't in little columns... it's in four pannels and Charlie Brown never says more than what fits in them anyway!

Post Likes

Frown

Its all sick and wrong.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by spyman
    Originally posted by hi-tork
    all right Dice, here's what i found; i counted the question marks because the periods were making me ill...I came up with 106

so that would look like this: there's 60 that will fit in the type-in box on a line...if you want periods done, do it yourself
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

I don't think the counting will work... bewteen the fonts used, our differing screen resolution, differing window size and things like that the right # of "?" for you will be different than the right # of "?" for me.

But I do like the idea - simple yet effective (most of the time!!!)
    it does work, as long as your screen and internet window are the same size that they used to be when we weren't in teeny weeny land...mine works good, maybe its just you
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes
    I think where you quoted me, is how it screwed it up...I'll give ya that one...
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes

Mine is Okay

Mine displays just fine... I have pleanty of room.

My resolution is set at 1920x1200.

I'm just saying that you can't count on counting the number of characters used as a means of making it fit everyone's screen just right.

I've made pleanty of webpages where I've tried...someone always has some odd display setting that screws it up.

-- Don't you just love how Dice can start a discussion about absolutly nothing and it turns into a multi page thread. Dice - Did you used to write the Seinfeld scripts??

Post Likes
    Mozilla Firefox browser, add the Nuke Anything extension, Right click in the white area below the sidebar and select "remove this object", the sidebar disappears, unfortunately it returns the next time a page loads, Im working on a more permanant way though

Post Likes
    Having to scroll back and forth to read posts is a helluvah lot more annoying than reading in a narrow column.

Thanks....DICE!
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    No Dont My Mouse Dont Have A Left / Right Scroll Wheel.

Post Likes
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO__OOOOOOOOOOOOMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BBBBBBRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post Likes
    Nope, not stretched enough... let's see if this works:
    It works too good... If you're brave enough to put these in a post...
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4mfkx/sttrav/tkw.gif
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4mfkx/sttrav/tkh.gif

They are good for killing threads, but they have also gotten me banned on other message boards :-D

[Edited by jay302 on 12-03-2004 at 10:02 PM]
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in