Gas fireplace saves home from fire!!!
I got an interesting call from a customer while I was in Vegas on vacation in August. She called to thank me for insisting that they install a damper clamp for their gas fireplace. It seems that one of the ventilation fans under the house caught on fire while they were on vacation and, due to the damper clamp, the neighbors saw smoke coming out of the chimney in August and knew they were on vacation and called the fire department. They ended up with minimum fire and smoke damages and would have been worse had the damper not been cracked open.
It's rare that we get positive comments in the service industry. Just thought I'd share. Happy fireplace season to all !!!
Common sense is NOT common !!!