Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dumbest thing i ever did like that was when I was soldering a water heater for a new home and an electrician was wiring up the a/c that sat above in this closet. I was heating the pipe and somehow the section I was sweating fell. So I picked it up by the cool end and without thinking blew it out from the hot end since it fell in a bunch of crap. My lips melted onto the thing as i screamed and sparky fell off the ladder he was laughing so hard.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

I seen a Raven freez solid in just a few hours. It was 45 below in the Yokon and he tried to bust out our headlight with his tail feathers. You think the thing would have flown up instead of straight ahead.

Came back by a few hours later and he was a popcicle. 'Course it was 45 below for over a week so he prety much stayed that way for a while.

The bottom line is that the cold weather sucks. When I was a kid I could play out in the snow for hours and complain when Mother yelled for me to come home.

Then I went into the Service and did my basic in the winter at FT Dix NJ. It it wasn't fun anymore. Then, Uncle sent me to SE Asia for 2 years and I found that I didn't miss winter at all.

Originally posted by benncool
    One time I was working on a metal roof up here in Vermont. -22°F air temperature. I had to take a whizz. So I took the monster out and.......oh, you guys wouldn't believe me anyways.
    You're right benny. You lost us with "took the monster out". Even the most well endowed is not going to be a monster in -22º weather
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Talking control noob

to answer your question 35 yrs ago my friend set power poles for boston edison. they had a lunch time side buss. with co .line truck and .old power poles. they would set them up for basket ball nets on private property, also some small comercial cash jobs.[riskyguys] they said some buss customers wanted a receipt.

they would sign pat pending [as pattern pending trade protection term] or w. t .hatch [ as water tight doors on navy ships] can't beat the irish humor!

be well pat pending

Originally posted by Diceman
    The other night I was watching that movie again, and the part with the kid and his tongue on the flagpole.
    That has to be one of the best X-Mas movies ever.
    Along with that sappy Jimmy Stewart one.
    Christmas Story. My all time favorite Christmas movie. "You'll shoot your eye out!"

Had a customer ask me once if I'd seen the movie, and said I reminded them of Darren McGavin cussing at the boiler

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by benncool
    One time I was working on a metal roof up here in Vermont. -22°F air temperature. I had to take a whizz. So I took the monster out and.......oh, you guys wouldn't believe me anyways.
    You're right benny. You lost us with "took the monster out". Even the most well endowed is not going to be a monster in -22º weather
    At that temp more of it would be inside you than outside. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Go f*ck yerself."

33 deg. this mornin & i`m crawling in underfloor ducts in this rat infested crawl space. I turned my flashlight on & the rats were wearing ear muffs.

Originally posted by bigbird
    33 deg. this mornin & i`m crawling in underfloor ducts in this rat infested crawl space. I turned my flashlight on & the rats were wearing ear muffs.
    They didn't want to hear your *****in

That must be why my wife wears them all the time.

benncool. when were you at ft. dix.?I was there in november 1960.

I learned my lesson about 6 or 7. Picked up one of those frozen concentrate cans in the open freezer at the supermarket and licked the forst on the end of it. The can hung from my tongue for a few seconds before I figured to pull very carefully off.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Originally posted by billygoat22
    I learned my lesson about 6 or 7. Picked up one of those frozen concentrate cans in the open freezer at the supermarket and licked the forst on the end of it. The can hung from my tongue for a few seconds before I figured to pull very carefully off.
    I'm not really sure why, but this one has really got me chuckling
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Heh, heh! Well, I may not be smarter than everyone on this board, but I claim I'm smarter than the people posting on this thread!

Seattle Pioneer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast