Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OK guys, tell your story about the the time you froze your tongue or? to something when it's this damn cold.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

One time I won some Tony Paco stuff in a FB pool but it got frozen up in a glacier during an unexpected ice age in Toledo.....
    Weird huh?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

When I was a teenager I was cleaning out the fridge and it had the evap coils exposed in the fridge. My hand was wet and I accidently touched the coils with the back of my hand. It immeditaly stuck fast. I was stuck for 10 min. until I figured out I could throw water on it, My cleaning bucket was beside me. I had severe frostbite on my hand.

I still have marks on my hand, 17 years later.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

The other night I was watching that movie again, and the part with the kid and his tongue on the flagpole.
    That has to be one of the best X-Mas movies ever.
    Along with that sappy Jimmy Stewart one.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I lost a couple of fingerprints on a metal shelf in a -20Ί walk in a few years back.

On a ski trip on a -4Ί day with a -20Ί windchill one of our female companions tore a part of her lip off when she put a quarter in her mouth to use for the ski pole locks.

Same trip, after about 4 hours of constant skiing because the slopes were nearly empty I went to the lodge to get food, drink and the feeling back in some parts of my body. When I went to take off my full face mask stocking cap it was frozen to my beard with about an inch of solid ice from my breathing through it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

soooo cold

so cold in the bay area [40 that's cold here] i saw 2 dogs in the middle of the st. trying to jump start each other.

or so cold, a politican had his hands in his own pockets

driftwood,where are you in n.cal.?

marin co and u?

I1m in san jose,so your in the wine country.I got a new house to start the underfloor ducts next week. i`ts in moraga.

just looked out window 33 degrees i can't believe i t.used to frame houses in mass. 30 tears ago in the snow! 40 yrs ago it was 2$ an hr. company rule bring snow shovel to shovel of found. and lumber piles. then balls to tjhe wall all day or fired. it was simmilar to marine boot camp. at 61 i'm spoiled but in great shape thank's to my trade carpentry. be well guy. of to work!

Re: soooo cold

Originally posted by driftwood

so cold in the bay area [40 that's cold here] i saw 2 dogs in the middle of the st. trying to jump start each other.

or so cold, a politican had his hands in his own pockets
    LMFAO!

Who is this "Pat" guy?

One time I was working on a metal roof up here in Vermont. -22°F air temperature. I had to take a whizz. So I took the monster out and.......oh, you guys wouldn't believe me anyways.

A Christmas Story!!!

Did you see the part after the movie about how they made his tongue look stuck to the pole? It was considered trick photography at that time. They put a hole in the pole and had a vacuum cleaner sucking on the pole. This way he could lean back without his tongue moving away from the hole in the pole and give it a realistic effect.
    Originally posted by Diceman
    The other night I was watching that movie again, and the part with the kid and his tongue on the flagpole.
    That has to be one of the best X-Mas movies ever.
    Along with that sappy Jimmy Stewart one.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast