Question

I need to know how many amps (max) an old furnace blower might pull.

I kept the blower from my 25 yr old carrier updraft gas furnace and now want to use it in my shop as an exhaust fan.

I want to order a 2 pole 4-way switch to control it, but have no clue - (and no way to measure) how many amps it draws at startup.

Wudn't be all that bad if nobody knows - then i could go buy that amp clamp i always wanted for my Fluke!

Cant you just look at the rating label on the motor that you kept?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

blower specs II

the housing ust has a clean spot where a label used to be - i stuk an inspection mirror inside the squirrel cage and didn't see anything on the motor itself

What was the model of the furnace?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

furnace model

we will never know - i replaced it with a high efficency unit about 5 years ago - well - maybethere is a way - i could poll the neighbors and see if any of them still have the orig unit - i hope not - i think it must have been about 50% efficient - our subdivision was built btwn 76-78 -

the answer is....

9.6 amps