+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog...What kind do you have? And any reasons they're the best...

Post Likes
    I have a Red nose Pit Bull, she is about 8 years old now, say what you will about the breed, but she has a heart of gold and is extremely well behaved, I also have a siamese cat that bullies her around.

Post Likes
    I currently have a greyhound-boxer mix & a black lab.The greyhound looks like %100 greyhound & is a black/brown brindle.The smartest dog I ever had by far was a wirehaired terrier.The most loyal & loving dog I have ever had was a champion competition proven akc/ukc beagle,she was great!I cried for days when she died.
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    We now have a "Lemon Beagle". PITA dog. Usually very smart but since we put up the Christmas wreath outside the entrance door she barks at it constantly.

Post Likes
    Golden Retriever. Hands down. If you've ever had one you'd know why. Plus they're great with kids.

Post Likes
    yorkie boss of the house
    beagle mix great companion
    white sheppard great w/ kids
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    My last dog was an adopted greyhound. She was the sweetest animal you could ever imagine. Yes, they can run really fast, but mostly they are couch potatoes. My ex turned her back to the greyhound adoption society during our divorce and for that I will never forgive her.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I have a Shetland Sheepdog. Extremely intellegent, and is very spoiled! Heck! He is smarter then my helper! LOL!
    I would post a pic, but I don't know how!
    Oil can be very cruel and unforgiving! Call your local dealer for a checkup!

Post Likes
    I have a Maltese named "Willie". Very intelligent, loving, and a great companion. Plus, he doesnt eat you out of house and home.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Post Likes

Post Likes

Did I win?

Have a jack Russell Terror that I gave my wife. Napoleon complex too-takes on the neighbor's black lab and Brittanny Spanielat same time. Lots of attention is definitely needed. 1/2 hour in am/pm fetching golf frisbees and raquetballs. Smart dogs, nose a little weak but very determined. Also have my ol' Springer Spaniel.
    Had a Gold Retriever that ate the friggen kitchen. Started with anything that wasn't fastened down and then ate the linoleum floor.

[Edited by Stamas on 11-29-2004 at 09:12 PM]

Post Likes
    We have two Labs, a yellow and a black one.

Really good dogs and really good with the kids.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Post Likes

Smile

We've got two dogs, one Jack Russell and a Boxer/Collie mix. The JR thinks it's a big dog, tried taking on a German Sheperd...and lost. Took $500 worth of tubes and antibiotics to see her through that one! STILL thinks she's a big dog. But, at night she actually crawls under the covers and sleeps at my wifes feet every night. The Boxer mix is really mellow, he holds on to a pull toy and let's the JR pull him around the room! Charlotte and Bear two good dogs...

Post Likes

job and shop dog is a black lab named sierra [my sons] we take breaks and hit tennis balls for her. another great dog is a golden retriever' the sweetest disposition of them all, especially small children that might unknowingly hurt them

Post Likes
    I am a dog lover, and I like the fact others on here have experienced the golden retreiver breed. Good and bad. The thing with a golden though. They will eat your kitchen, if your not paying attention to them. They are awesome dogs, but the one thing is, if you don't treat them as if their an actual member of the family at all times, they'll tear your house up. They are weird this way. Attention Attention Attention. Our two took major working with as pups. And obedience training. And we are constantly doing the things to maintain there behavior. And you know what. They still will sneak into the garbage in a nano second when your not looking. Their nature is mischevious. It's as if they can't help it. Great with kids. I sometimes think our two think their human kids too.

Post Likes

food sneaker

when my sons black lab has gotten to some house food and is scolded she does this funney weird smile twisting her head low to the ground. it cracks me up. do other dogs do that

Post Likes
    I've heard lots of horror stories about people's bad experience with Dalmatians. I had a male with one blue and one brown eye....he was deaf..but not stupid. Matches learned hand signals and was the most loving, loyal dog. Raised him with a mixed black lab(Ramses) and he'd learned to rely on the lab's hearing. The smartest dog I ever had was a long haired shaggy gray mutt named Elmo. Found him on Casper Mountain in a snowstorm. He had a muzzle on and couldn't even eat, I was leery thinking he might be mean, Had him for 15 years he never even growled at anybody. One time camping he got porcupined in the muzzle and skunk sprayed in the middle of the night...Almost gagged cutting out the quills ..then took him home for the tomato juice bath. Dogs teach us just how smart all animals really are.

[Edited by ozone drone on 11-30-2004 at 11:54 AM]
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes

Hi Jack?

I was wondering if I could hiack this thread to the dogs that have bitten you while at would.
    Recent history.
    2-chows
    1-Dalmation
    1-Furry little Fokker

In past,
    Well, you can just about name it. And I once caught crap for punching an Afgan.

Post Likes
    Currently have a 3-year-old Airedale (female) greatest dogs on the face of the earth. Very loyal pound for pound the toughest breed but at the same time very sweet and loyal. They will never harm a child and will never let harm come to a child or family member.
    I have raised them since 1985 and breed them for four years just takes up too much time to do it right. I hope to soon buy some land and start breeding again.

We also have a 6-year-old Alaskan Malamute Shepard mix beautiful animal but he is temperamental and I would never trust him around small children.

Our youngest dog is a Newfoundland Border Collie mix she is very sweet and protective but in a fearful way. Not like the Airedale, which fears nothing and is supremely confident.

Our fourth dog is the oldest she is either 19 or 20 found her in June 1986 and she was at least one year old then. She is a mix and could be anything very sweet loving and playful. Her little back legs are getting weak she has lost most of her teeth but she is in no pain and still has fun with the big dogs that is when she is awake.

The dogs weigh 68# 90# 95# and 15# down from 25# in her youth.

I have raised and breed several breeds besides Airedales Irish Setters, Golden Retrievers and Afghan Hounds. Goldens are great dogs and would be among my top five choices. I would like to have a Great Pyrenees and a Bernese Mountain Dog someday.

Post Likes
    Siberian Husky. I have had one or more for 20+ years and will probably never own another breed.

A very unique creature.

Post Likes
    I've had labs and terriers, but the best dog I've had hands down is my full blood boxer. I've had her for 8 years and is the smartest and best behaved dog. Great with the kids and very protective of them. I almost lost her a month ago to pyometra. Pyometra is an infection female dogs get when they haven't been spayed. She spent a week at the vet and they performed a doggie hysterectomy. My advice to EVERYONE. If you don't plan on breeding your dog, get it fixed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in