Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Wife's got a little rat terrier. Next one's gonna be a Jack Russell if I got anything to say about it. Saw one in a yard a while back havin the time of his life with a round lawn sprinkler. Funniest thing I ever saw. He'd run up to the sprinkler and jump about 3 feet straight up into the air and the sprinkler would spray water in his ass. He'd come down, run in a circle and do it all over again

HOURS of priceless entertainment!

we had a Bassett Hound that we had to put down this past Feb. Lulu-belle was great with the kids. now the family is leaning hard on me for another one.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Beagle. Dumb enough to follow the rabbit into the nasty thickets, smart enough to......keep breathing.
    Jason

Two golden retrievers. The very best. Hard to really explain. If you ever had one you would know. It's the sort of dog, who could sit with you and beside you on the porch, looking stately and proudly at her yard, in partnership with her master. A peaceful moment with my dog(s) like that says it all for me.

They learn anything you teach them. If you put in the time, they are just awesome awesome companions. They are the top breed for becoming working seeing eye dogs.

But they are not small, and they don't realize there 80 pounds as they run through the house. You got to want one. In my case we had to have two.

German Shepherd Dog

"best at nothing, second best at everything"

Buddy is 6 year old male Chow/German Shepard mix.

Very protective, territorial and affectionate.

http://ww2.imagewiz.net/images/hvac/...5Image0007.JPG

This was taken the day after hurricane Jeanne.

[Edited by a\c don on 11-28-2004 at 09:49 PM]
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

honglos cardboard box
    Sometimes there are compounding complexities of multiple variables that are not intuitively obvious

I have a Red nose Pit Bull, she is about 8 years old now, say what you will about the breed, but she has a heart of gold and is extremely well behaved, I also have a siamese cat that bullies her around.

I currently have a greyhound-boxer mix & a black lab.The greyhound looks like %100 greyhound & is a black/brown brindle.The smartest dog I ever had by far was a wirehaired terrier.The most loyal & loving dog I have ever had was a champion competition proven akc/ukc beagle,she was great!I cried for days when she died.
    Take your time & do it right!

We now have a "Lemon Beagle". PITA dog. Usually very smart but since we put up the Christmas wreath outside the entrance door she barks at it constantly.

Golden Retriever. Hands down. If you've ever had one you'd know why. Plus they're great with kids.

yorkie boss of the house
    beagle mix great companion
    white sheppard great w/ kids
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

My last dog was an adopted greyhound. She was the sweetest animal you could ever imagine. Yes, they can run really fast, but mostly they are couch potatoes. My ex turned her back to the greyhound adoption society during our divorce and for that I will never forgive her.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast