+ Reply to Thread

Thread: answering machines

Post Likes
    I am looking for an answering machine that will call a preset number when it recieves a message. Wondering if anyone has seen one? Or what do you use for on call, I have used a local answering service but was not happy with the service.

Post Likes
    I use call forwarding to my mobile phone, and the voice mail feature of my mobile. This works well for me.

Post Likes
    I want the messages sent to the mobile phone of the person on call just to save the techs from some non emergency calls.

Post Likes
    we also use call fowarding to the cell with voicemail. if the tech does not recognize the number he can let the message go to voicemail, then play it back to see if it is indeed a call he needs to take.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes

Talking

she's called GLORIA

Post Likes
    Originally posted by driftwood

she's called GLORIA
    hey, didn't someone write a song about her ?
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes

I briefly looked at a couple of stand alone machines like what you are talking about. A better solution was to use a software program and turn a computer into and answering and notification machine. When a call is received, the caller leave a message and then a present number is dialed to notified my page or cell-phone that there is a message waiting.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by nevada

I briefly looked at a couple of stand alone machines like what you are talking about. A better solution was to use a software program and turn a computer into and answering and notification machine. When a call is received, the caller leave a message and then a present number is dialed to notified my page or cell-phone that there is a message waiting.
    I kinda figured you'd have an answer for this question

Careful what you say

Post Likes
    What program are you using? I am wanting to use my primary buisness line.

Post Likes
    I had a program in my old computer like that when somebody called it would dial my pager so I would know there was a message waiting,but I can't get it out of the old computer. I would love to know where I can get such a program again.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tlcartman
    Originally posted by driftwood

she's called GLORIA
    hey, didn't someone write a song about her ?
    Yep, Laura Branigan...I think she just died too, great voice
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes
    Our setup is when a call comes in, after four rings, it's transferred to our pager where they can leave a message. Once a message has been received, the pager goes off. The tech on call carries the pager. I think this would work the same way as using the computer as coyote mentioned. It just uses a pager with voice mail, and call forwarding.

We recently set it up to where if no one picks up the message in ten minutes, the pager will go off again, and every ten minutes until it's picked up. The pager will still sound a short beep every two minutes until it's reset. This way, if the tech sleeps through the first page, another long one is just ten minutes away.

Post Likes
    Why don't you just answer the damn phone!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Originally posted by chewball
    What program are you using? I am wanting to use my primary buisness line.
    Chewball: I did not mean to leave you hanging. This morning I am looking back over my old post and found your question.

I am using an old version of Cheyenne Bitware that runs in DOS mode. I have an old computer and monochrome monitor set up just for it. I did download a newer Beta version that runs in windows a few years ago, but I didn't like it.

Post Likes
    Check out the concero switchboard. It comes up easily in searches.Does just what you want.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in