Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duct subs in sc

are there any good duct sub's on here , charleston, sc area .
    I can do all things...

Come on SC its hard enough to find a good employee here, must less a good sub. Good Luck.

Hmm

You might try CR Hipp, and ask for Al Hitchcock. They have a large sheetmetal shop and Al is one of the good ones.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]merken1[/FONT]

thanks merkin, cr hipp is primarily commercial & I'm primarily residential. hvac45 I know good employee's are hard to find thats one of the reasons I'm not looking for a employee along with I dont have enough duct work to keep one busy all of the time. I just passed my state mechanical & currently waiting on columbia to process the paper work . thanks for yall's imput.
    I can do all things...

where at in sc ?
    i wanted to put a picture here

charleston, sc
    I can do all things...

wrong end of the state, i know a few but they are all in the upstate.
    i wanted to put a picture here

congrats SC, have you checked the contractors web site for the state? Mine was posted their 2 weeks before I got it in the mail. I printed it and the counties and cities accepted it. Good luck.

Originally posted by hvac45
    Come on SC its hard enough to find a good employee here, must less a good sub. Good Luck.
    You're not kidding. I've seen AT LEAST a hundred come and go in the past five years. Including sub crews and employees. I'm going to see if we have any numbers regarding firings and people quiting...it might be higher than that.
    Get back to work.

square2round you get what you pay for.You must not pay much or there is something wrong because that is to much of a turn over rate.Maybe you need new management make a post for new management there.Guys on this web site may be looking.

Frame,

I have no control over the hiring and firing of people in the company. I wish I did. But it isn't my company. I've mentioned to the boss that it might be a good idea to let some of the leading guys interview or at least submit a questionaire into hiring of employees. It's a shame to see guys hired that are older than you, have more years in the field than you, but yet they don't possess the tools, knowledge, ethic, or desire you do to excel at your job...not to mention the desire or work ethic to make your company look good or even to make your work stand out. These people don't last long, but it seems the paperwork and call-backs could be lessened if hiring was a little more in depth.
    Get back to work.

I though you owned you company must companies pay less then $14.an hour if they do then they get what they pay for.Then some companies don't respect there installers so they end up with a bad company.

duct guys sc

what type of duct work? What company? r you interested in sub crews at piece work type agreements? I ahve some friends that may be interested and are in the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast