Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Perk's correct about why you saw what you did on the display. What was the very first thing that came up on the history buffer, before you started scrolling?

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Perk's correct about why you saw what you did on the display. What was the very first thing that came up on the history buffer, before you started scrolling?
    Errrrrrrrrr...................I forgot?

Bad answer, I know
    Pretty sure, but not positive, that was the message. (which was SYS 2 WYE DELTA ON)
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

You can scroll either direction once you get into the history buffer. If you go in reverse order, I believe the first thing you see is the last item in the operating data at the moment of shutdown. If you hit "history" and whichever buffer you want to go into (should be 1-6), and then "enter", the fault for that shutdown will come up. Then scroll through using the up/down arrows. If you don't see general unit info like outdoor temp and time of shutdown, etc, you're heading the wrong direction.

Thank you, Klove.
    Before cperk's reply, I was 100 % sure in the history, faults 1&3 were "wye delta on"
    Now I'm 95%.
    Ddn't see an outdoor temp (that I remember), but did see time.
    \m/

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    Thank you, Klove.
    Before cperk's reply, I was 100 % sure in the history, faults 1&3 were "wye delta on"
    Now I'm 95%.
    Ddn't see an outdoor temp (that I remember), but did see time.
    Wye delta on means both the wye and the delta contactor were pulled in (running full speed after transition). I think that if the chiller was seeing the delta contactor pulled in, or a stuck auxillary at or before startup, it would have to be repaired before it would reset. I don't think the chiller would let it startup on a non-latching fault if this happened.
    Last edited by cperk; 10-07-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: more info

The codes in the history have to be cleared. The unit was reset but the history is still showing the faults.

I may be going back there later this week.
    Thanks guys for your replies.
    \m/

Hey dad, I went and looked at one today, if you hit history, then the number of the fault 1-6 (6 being the last fault) then enter, the first thing to come up is the date and time of shutdown, then if you scroll down, (with arrow) the first thing you see is sys. 2 wye delta on or off, according if system 2 was running at the time of the fault,even if cir. 1 generated the fault, but if you hit the up arrow it shows cir. 1 fault whatever or no faults and cir. 2 fault whatever or no faults on the same screen.

Thanks cperk. Learn something new every day. I haven't been back, and it looks like the job (if there is one) is being pushed back to spring.
    \m/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12