Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: back surgery

i am in same boat,got the shots they helped for a little while...still having problems...i don't know what to do myself...i am afraid that all the lifting and crawling and twisting is gonna mess me up bad....but what do you do when you got kids to feed?i try to watch the jobs i take and have slowed down a little....they gave me lortab and flexeril,but i don't take it unless i get to hurting real bad...

and yes the not feeling your leg part is real scary...i'm afraid that one of these days that it might not go away

Well, the pain is getting worse with legs going numb and pain shooting down my legs and lower gut, so I went to get a mri.

The nerosurgen said I have spondylothisis (broken lowerback, where the spine is not held together and slides off the vertebra below it.) Also have a busted disc in the same location (almost bone on bone).

The dr. told me if I can stand the pain to wait on surgery. But if its screwing with my quality of life to go ahead.

He said that I will need to have one segment fused together with rods and have bone graft taken from my hip to put around rods for fuse. I am looking at 3 months in a back brace (can come off to shower and sleep) and then after 3 months I start pysical therapy.

This all looks like football from highschool messed me up bad. Too young to be going through this, but oh well. I just hope it doesnt get worse after surgery.

Jason:

Go read this thread. Maybe this procedure I recommended to mo-flo will work for you too.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...threadid=73130

MadeinUSA

Dam all you guys are scaring da hell out a me!
    42 and still no back pain..knock on Dice's head!
    This is good advice I feel anything like the stuff you guys are talking about..... I am going to the Doc pronto.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Hmm Jason

I wish you the best. My dad had back surgery. Everthing is ok now. He is 70. I almost called you the other day. I see that you are in the Pasadena area. I was in Houston and needed a drill to fix my son's wheel chair.Roy I live in Victoria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12