Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brand of Beer

Ahhhhh... A question that has no answer outside of our own palates and liver capabilities. I've samples many many USA beers... Never had a bad one out of the lot. Most Canadian beers are a touch higher in Alchohol content. Some European beers, higher still.

Darker beers on tap is my Fav. Labatt products if bought by the case. WildCat is cheap, and frankly, I can't tell the diff between THAT, Blue, or even Molson's Canadian for that matter.

Dark beers. Traditional Ale, Calgary Alberta Brewed. Ricard's Red - Can't remember where it originated. And if you fancy the flavour of Engine oil mixed with the contents of an ashtray... the venerable GUINESS. Black beer that you can stand a drinking straw up in.

I'm under the impression that most US beers are around 3.5%... I cannot imagine what 'Lite' beer content is then.

Most Canadian Beer is brewed at 5% and light is around 4%... high test is 6+ %.

When I travel on the ol' Scoot... I pack a bottle of Jack. Makes breakdowns more tolerable... and less heavy than a 24. BTW. A case of beer north of the border is 24.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Originally posted by ricm
    I'm under the impression that most US beers are around 3.5%... I cannot imagine what 'Lite' beer content is then.

3.5 to 6%. Looks like sissy beer! If memory serves me, Kalik Gold is either 11 or 12%.
    Beat that!

i went to a micro brewery in boston several years ago and ordered a beer. what i got was a glass with some crappy beer and BLUEBERRIES in the bottom. what the hell is with that?

give me a dark, smoky pub and the King of beers.

Originally posted by cctrol

But, since the question was asked, has anyone tried our local brew, 'KALIK' ?
    Yep, I was just at Atlantis for the week and drank plenty of Kalik, not bad.

Got a little sick the second night, not sure if it was to much Kalik or some bad Conk!

I'm voting for the Conk!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Re: I drink Coors Light

Originally posted by spotts
    but in Colorado thats the law.

Looks to me like a good law. I say that because I own few shares of Adolph's company.

[Edited by sigma on 12-31-2004 at 04:36 PM]

New Belgium...Fat Tire

ice cold, draft or can GENESEE ----AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

My favorite (When I can find it, usually after my parents bring it back from Canada) is Molson XXX; but Molson Ice is my usual...
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Originally posted by cctrol
    Originally posted by ricm

3.5 to 6%. Looks like sissy beer! If memory serves me, Kalik Gold is either 11 or 12%.
    Beat that!
    Mmmmmmm..... REAL high-test beer. I'll look for Kalik Gold... where can you find it?

Spent six months in Germany with the Canadian Forces (temporary posting) and drank beers that were 15%... I can't remember the labels though.... so maybe that doesn't count. But I do recall a brand called Hauf Brauhaus Hatz...at 9%... mmmmmmmmmm good stuff. Came in 1 litre (about a quart) bottles.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234