Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand of Beer

Arrogant Bastard all the way

beer

In honor of our president,I drink the NATIONAL BEER OF TEXAS,LONE STAR...............

Budweiser, but then again I am From St. Louis and don't like the trendy beers.

Pat

Regularly, Heineken. Although I have been drinking imports and micro's since 18. Now 28, I've accumulated over 475 different beer bottles. During winter holidays, I snatch up all the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale cases.
    Get back to work.

I drink Coors Light

but in Colorado thats the law.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

When I'm west of the Mississippi, I try to find Fat Tire. It's brewed in CO and only distributed in a few states. Rest of the time it's something dark for me...of course, free is always a good flavor.

Isn't budweiser a rice beer?

Originally posted by sysint
    Hops, yeast, barley, and water...no rice.
    Get back to work.

Originally posted by jrbenny
    When I'm west of the Mississippi, I try to find Fat Tire. It's brewed in CO and only distributed in a few states. Rest of the time it's something dark for me...of course, free is always a good flavor.

New Belgum is really from Ft Collins? Flat Tire is good stuff. I aughta be shippin that out for bets. I thought it was national.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by jrbenny

New Belgum is really from Ft Collins? Flat Tire is good stuff. I aughta be shippin that out for bets. I thought it was national.
    Yep, brewed in Ft. Collins. I've found it in Arizona, Colorado, and Oklahoma. A bartender in Denver told me they don't ship beyond KC. It's one of the best brews I've ever tasted.

I like moosehead but thats too few and far between.Since I am still only in tech school I cant afford them fancy beers.Busch light 12.00$ for a 30 pack and after 15 it starts to taste pretty good

Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by sysint
    Hops, yeast, barley, and water...no rice.
    Not really....

The beer labeling laws in America were bought and paid for by the big boys to protect their image against purer imports. They are not required by law to list any of the 'adjunct' ingredients, so they spout that line to seem like their as pure as old Bavaria.

Fact is, they put in so much extra junk to feed the yeast and keep it working due to the lack of actual malt in the mix that if you try to homebrew their recipe the yeast just lays there and starves to death.

The re-birth of the American micro-brew is welcome and long overdue. A round of the red ale, and a porter for my wife, please.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Yingling black and tan. Brewed 20 miles from my house. If I cant get that any dak beer will do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast