+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCN web with cell phone modem

Post Likes

CCN web with cell phone modem

Great site, first post. I work for a small company with a number of chillers (Carrier, York, DB) in the natural gas industry. Our equipment is in remote locations, chilling natural gas to drop the liquids out. Usually it is a single chiller, anywhere from 50 tons up to 330 tons. Some of them operate as low as -15°F. Typically where we are at we have cell phone service, but no land lines. The Carrier chillers came with CCN web modems (white box). Is it possible to use this box with a cell phone modem? Specifically, we want to access the chiller remotely from a laptop over the internet. I have asked the manufacturer, but keep getting bounced around from contact to contact with no answer.

Post Likes
    The CCNWeb can be accessed using a web browser over an Ethernet-based Local Area Network (LAN) or point to point via a telephone line.

I have always used these over the internet with a StaticIP. Have never done one with a telephone line or a cellular connection. Any chance you can get cellular data service with a StaticIP for in-bound access?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Unfortunately, you've lost me. I have a static IP address for the cell modem and cellular data service. To be honest this is just no my baliwik and I need some one to step us through.

Post Likes
    I don't know much about the CCN stuff, but I would be looking at something like this:
    http://3gstore.com/index.php?main_pa...oducts_id=1196

Kevin

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in