+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gasket Cutter.

Post Likes

Gasket Cutter.

Back in the old days when I did refrigeration service, door gaskets didn't have magnetic strips. Door gaskets came in a roll and you would have to cut them to fit any door.

To do this we had a tool called a "gasket cutter". It had 2 adjustable blades on it for adjusting the angle. It was a hand held tool.

We have a crazy job where a gasket cutter would come in mighty handy. So I went on the net to try to find one. No dice.

So I was wondering if #1,,, do any of you old timers remember such a tool? #2 does anyone know where I might locate one???

Post Likes
    Check with that place in Washington, whats it called.......The Smithsonian??

Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I remember those. My father had one, but I'm sure it's long gone by now.

Refrigeration Hardware Supply used to have them in their catalog, but they have apparently dropped it from their latest issue.

http://rhsc.net/

Post Likes
    right next to Dices old gauges!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Check with that place in Washington, whats it called.......The Smithsonian??

true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    ????? Got one out in the garage still in it's original box. I think Johnstone used to carry em,,,,,,, Maybe Case Parts? Used mine about three years ago to replace all the gaskets on a refrigerated back bar with about 12 doors. whadda give me for it?
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    i will start the bidding

ten dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    ????? Got one out in the garage still in it's original box. I think Johnstone used to carry em,,,,,,, Maybe Case Parts? Used mine about three years ago to replace all the gaskets on a refrigerated back bar with about 12 doors. whadda give me for it?

Post Likes
    Sarge, saw my post on the other channel and came up with this. It is made in England, apparently. They call them Gasket Shears Leave it to the British to screw up our language.

From the description, it looks like a modern version of the old gasket cutter I once used.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Leave it to the British to screw up our language.
    Actually, I think it's the other way around.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    frikkn limeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    Actually, I think it's the other way around.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    right next to Dices old gauges!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't make fun of old gauges. I use an Imperial/Eastman manifold that has to be 40 + years old with late 80's vintage Marsh gauges. The hoses are new. I can still get parts for the manifold and the Marsh gauges are still available. I thought about digital but decided against it. I bought a new car instead.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Post Likes
    LOL!

i have digital gauges but no use for a car!

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Don't make fun of old gauges. I use an Imperial/Eastman manifold that has to be 40 + years old with late 80's vintage Marsh gauges. The hoses are new. I can still get parts for the manifold and the Marsh gauges are still available. I thought about digital but decided against it. I bought a new car instead.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    You know that you can buy a new car that comes with digital gauges don't you?

Post Likes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in