testo 550, my only set of gauges?

ive always used the oldschool way i guess?

i have 2 sets of analogue gauges, 1 r-22 and 1 set for POE oil systems( 410, 404a etc 134a etc)

im lookin into these new fancy digital gauges because a few people on here recommends them highly.

my question is, if im spending 4-500$ on a set of gauges, do you only use them one system?

or do you hook up your nitrogen and flush each line/manifold out each time?

seems very tedious but i guess its the only way?
    thanks in advance for the input.

Take a look at this. Might not want to watch it around the little ones. They drop a few bad words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZetTQdB7o
    Get money, get paid.

it would depend on where you are going to be using these gauges. If you are in a cold climate then i would say no. The cold will drain the batteries and the display will not work properly. I find this has happened to many of my digital instruments here. Have to take them in from the service truck every night.

good luck

video

Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Take a look at this. Might not want to watch it around the little ones. They drop a few bad words.

I crack up evertime i watch that video .....
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Quote Originally Posted by bawla47 View Post
    ive always used the oldschool way i guess?

i have 2 sets of analogue gauges, 1 r-22 and 1 set for POE oil systems( 410, 404a etc 134a etc)

im lookin into these new fancy digital gauges because a few people on here recommends them highly.

my question is, if im spending 4-500$ on a set of gauges, do you only use them one system?

or do you hook up your nitrogen and flush each line/manifold out each time?

seems very tedious but i guess its the only way?
    thanks in advance for the input.
    I don't no what part of the world your are from ; but here in the southern usa; I have had my 550's since spring and have used them all year with no problems--I don't flush them out everytime per say- after unhookin the red< highside> side - i open my low side port and suck the refrigerant back into the system- what little is left in the hoses when I go to another system is of no matter to me- maybe to others it is- but I have had no issuses doing this in some 25 odd years of doin this for a living..

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    I don't no what part of the world your are from ; but here in the southern usa; I have had my 550's since spring and have used them all year with no problems--I don't flush them out everytime per say- after unhookin the red< highside> side - i open my low side port and suck the refrigerant back into the system- what little is left in the hoses when I go to another system is of no matter to me- maybe to others it is- but I have had no issuses doing this in some 25 odd years of doin this for a living..

3 types of oil and probably 10 or 12 different kinds of refrigerant.

2 manifolds in the truck right now, both digital and I grab whichever one is closer to the door or more suitable to the job at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post

That was hilaroius....

thanks for the replies, i was just concerned with oil contamination switching from 1 system to another with diferent oils, they drill that into your head while i went to hvac school.

im in south florida, only dreamt to see snow down here with this year round summer we got lol.

video was hilarious too btw! saw one about the iphone/htc 4g while back and was very similar.