Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recent graduate of HVAC Technician school ATI Dallas, Texas with 940 hours of training for 1 year duration. EPA certified Type I and Type II.
    Problem. Seems job leads looking for HVAC techs with experience and do not accept graduate of tech school. How does one get into an HVAC tech position as a recent grad? Job placement office no help.

I told the company "LOOK this is ridiculous I'm a genius. Just give me the job, if you regret it in a month, fair game fire me."

They hired me and despite my big head I can still squeeze into units and check for cracked heat exchangers 2 years later.

Just make sure to earn money for the company so they like you. But don't be dishonest. )

Had the same proble when I started out. "Experienced only" is what I kept hearing. Well how the hell do you GET experience when no one will hire you. Answer: keep looking and don't apply as a service tech, apply as a helper
    Saddle Up!

It's tough to find someone to take a chance, seems no-one wants to train anyone. Don't give up, this trade has been good to me and several people I know.

Go to the bigger outfits, and as said apply as a helper.
    Keep going back to them, don't call.
    Ask for the Boss not a surpervisor, Let them know your desire to learn, work and help out.

The door will open, I too went to a trade school. Their placement dept was a joke. Found a job myself after knocking on doors for 3 months. Started in 1990 making $6.00 an hr as a helper. Now I'm fling my own plane.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

keep working at it youll get someone to give you a chance you may have to start out low but youll get in

Can't' find no one to hire you.? Then go into bussiness on your own.
    Play fair, price right, and see what happens.

Originally posted by deejoe
    Can't' find no one to hire you.? Then go into bussiness on your own.
    Play fair, price right, and see what happens.

Thats good advise.

For failing.

Keep applying, you'll find a company.
    Don't be afraid to start for a low wage.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

keep trying sooner or later you will find something

remember you are starting in the trade so look for helper position and build up from there

it takes time

In virtually any desent HVAC co. there is room for helpers. They NEED helpers. You have go in as a helper, accepting helper rates, and just do your time. You do that, and your time will come. That's the only way, and once you understand that, it's pretty straight foward. The fact is you are NOT qualified to operate unsupervised. Get your experience and your time will come.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by deejoe
    [B]Can't' find no one to hire you.? Then go into bussiness on your own. this might be very risky for a tech fresh out of school with no field experience,you might be in for a rude shock,it takes years to get established.

Go over to Irving and talk to manager at Master's off Irving Blvd.Carrier
    Alot of commerical but some residential..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

We use all tech school grads as maintenance technicians....spring will soon be here and you will find work in maintenance.

coil cleaning...filters......belts......grease......put that fancy meter down and grab a handfull of rags and a shop vac...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast