Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBQ Sauce

BBQ Sauce

I know most of you guys have your own home made stuff. I am man enough to admit that so far everything I have tried to make has not even come close so I buy it at the store.

My favorite HANDS DOWN is Famous Daves. Has anyone ever tried it? The Devils Spit one is amazing.. really spicy with an awesome flavor.

You can get it at Kroger or Albertsons down here in Dallas.
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Thumbs up

Sounds good. Never tried it. I'm a sweet baby rays fan when in a pinch.

Just like building anything. What is in it. If you see the top ingredients are corn syrup.......

See America's Test Kitchen and Bobby Flay.

Nothing can compare to homemade. You are correct on that. My family has a "secret receipe" that is made often. We freeze it and scoop out with an ice cream scoop what is needed.

Living in the south you are always looking for good BBQ and good BBQ sauce. I think we are going to see if we can find your suggestions and give them a try.

Mustard Based Barbeque Sauce

1 cup prepared yellow mustard ½ teaspoon powdered Oregano
    ½ cup Guldens spicy brown mustard ½ teaspoon powdered Thyme
    1/3 cup Brown sugar ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black
    ¼ cup honey pepper
    ¼ cup Molasses ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
    2 Tablespoons Olive oil ½ cup Apple cider vinegar, “fresh”

Mix all ingredients on right, in sauce pan, let soak for a half hour. Add all ingredients on left. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat and simmer on very low setting for half an hour, stirring occasionally, (note; this mixture will burn) Place in a hot canning jar, cap and store in refrigerator after jar cools. Sauce develops full flavor in 24 hours. Large batches can be made and hot bath canned and stored on shelf.

Optional; Add finely chopped Garlic, and/or onion cooked in Microwave in the Olive oil. Tip you can make Roasted Garlic in the Microwave, by placing it in a glass measuring cup, with 1 Tbls. olive oil, 30 seconds on high followed by 20 seconds on high till garlic is light brown.

By Madhat August 13, 2009

Sorry it won't post right mix all the spices in the Apple Cider Vinegar and let soak half an hour. Then add all other ingredients.

I've been fooling around trying to make a BBQ sauce for a while. The latest (it's getting close, but I still want to tweak it) is...

1 small can Contadina tomato paste
    1 cup water
    1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    3 TBSP molasses
    3 TBSP brown sugar
    1 TBSP lime juice
    1 TBSP tequila
    1 TBSP worchester
    2 TBSP liquid smoke
    1 TBSP cumin
    1 TBSP mustard powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder

Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix. Pour into a pan, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
    Last edited by matt michel; 07-31-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Matt Michel
    Service Roundtable
    www.serviceroundtable.com

I worked for a company that had a company picnic. I knew the gal who ran the kitchen and was asked to head up the cooking for the company picnic.

Every year, she did BBQ chicken and ribs that were spectacular. So I volunteered to be one of her cooks for the day to get the secret.

Turns out the secret wasnt' as exciting as I thought but it is good.

She used a bbq sause base from a restraunt supplier but I've used bulls eye since with good results.

All she added was sugar - lots of sugar. maybe 3 parts bbq sauce to 1 part sugar. Then a little molasses and onion powder.

And she cooked the sauce in a big pot for about an hour to get it thick and sticky and it went on the meat just as they were ready to come off the grill.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

[QUOTE=PaintedFingers;4000232] My family has a "secret receipe" that is made often. We freeze it and scoop out with an ice cream scoop what is needed.

i never thought of that. and that's the reason i don't make it as often as i would like. i like sweet baby ray's sweet and spicy. has anyone tried to make their own liquid smoke? i tried it a couple times with not so great results, but this thread just gave me the itch to try it again.

A member here makes their own and sells it...just can't remember who it was.
    I bought a 4 pack of samples and all of it was top notch!

Anyone recall who that was was?

Try this one for a new taste.
    1/4 cup ketchup
    3 tblspoons brown sugar
    1 tblspoon Dijon mustard
    1 tblspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
    Mix in a bowl. We usually multiply this recipe times 4 for more sauce.

I have been making my own sketti sauce for years now and have yet to try and make my own bbq sauce, but some of these recipes I am seeing here is looking yummy ! Gonna give it a whirl and see what happens ;-)

Just tried Bullseye's "Carolina" sauce a week or so ago, and cant get enough of it now, can damn near drink the stuff with a straw...

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/bullseyebbq/

there are many excellent sauce recipes in this book.

If you dont LOVE your own bbq buy this book and learn,
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I am a fan of woody's cooking sauce and Woody's sweat and sour sauce. Originally from New Orleans they were wiped out after Katrina hit. It is back and it now comes from Las Vegas.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast