meters pined...what is your count?

Had the first one of the season today. Got a no heat for the offices of a warehouse. Climbed up the roof (cloudy no sunrise today) and got to work..sparking but no flame...ok no gas at pilot...no gas at valve. Climbed down and go looking for the meter. Nice new shinny pin. %95 of the pins i find are because of lacking to pay the bill..not because of something faulty. Corporate failed to pay the bill on this one.

so the count is....1 so far this season.

can u remember the greatest number u have had for failure to pay the gas bill? Anyone ask u to drill it out and take it off? (run away, run fast)

"I PAY MY BILL EVERY MONTH, TAKE IT OFF"

That's the line I usually hear.

Don't see more than 1 or 2 per year.

As larger companys reduce full time staff and outsource facility maintanance, you may see more of this. Probably nobody there knows who to ask who was supposed to pay the gas bill. And if they find out, they will find that person has never seen the gas bill!

I get at least one locked meter call a year. The best one was when I found the locked meter and showed it to the customer she said "so what does that have to do with the furnace ".

Talking

the end of youre reply said it all SHES A WOMEN
    case closed

Quote Originally Posted by luckee View Post
    I get at least one locked meter call a year. The best one was when I found the locked meter and showed it to the customer she said "so what does that have to do with the furnace ".

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by luckee View Post
    That's funny.

Reminds me of the time I was on call and a lady called me Saturday morning during a power outage. "My furnace don't work". "Wow", I asked. "You have power?"
    "No."
    "Then how is your furnace supposed to work?"
    "I don't know. Isn't it...like...a gas turbine or something?"
    "What's a gas turbine?"
    "I don't know?"
    "I don't know either, call me back when your power is restored if you still have no heat."