Thread: True Freezer

Post Likes

True Freezer

ANYONE know how to find the schematic diagram for a True freezer GDM-26F.I temporarily bypassed defrost to get unit to run(3 wire) New came as 2 wire so I tried to rig to work.Now I can't remember what goes where ,with all the wires.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buck101 View Post
    ANYONE know how to find the schematic diagram for a True freezer GDM-26F.I temporarily bypassed defrost to get unit to run(3 wire) New came as 2 wire so I tried to rig to work.Now I can't remember what goes where ,with all the wires.
    That will never work

Well maybe more work for me
    Last edited by itsiceman; 04-25-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    you would need a service technician who understands a basic single phase freezer wire diagram off the top of his head.

Post Likes
    I am making an assumption that the original part was a three wire fan delay/defrost termimation switch that mounts on the evaporator coil. The new part has two wires which is either a defrost heater limit or a fan delay. So if this is true you have recieved an incorrect replacement part. Most supply houses carry a three wire switch that will work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by graybones View Post
    I am making an assumption that the original part was a three wire fan delay/defrost termimation switch that mounts on the evaporator coil. The new part has two wires which is either a defrost heater limit or a fan delay. So if this is true you have recieved an incorrect replacement part. Most supply houses carry a three wire switch that will work.
    I would be inclined to agree. Case Parts has OEM replacements with fast shipping if you need parts for almost any reach in box.
    I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

Post Likes
    question for anyone....true freezer 3 wire defrost terminal switch

1 red(common).... 2 brown(terminal).....3 black to (evaporator fan)

when i check for continuity between red and brown i get nothing using water with ice wait 3 minutes then test switch.
    when i check for continuity between red and black i get nothing using warm water wait a few minutes then test
    when i measure red and brown i get continuity...

waht would be the best wait to check for a bad switch using a ohms... thanks guys

Post Likes
    Ice water is not cold enough
    It's around 15° other than that reverse your test if you are looking for a closed switch.

Post Likes
    thanks ice man for your response...question for you??? in your opinion (((how)) would you test a defrost switch using ohms when you have

red as common....brown as terminal....black for evaporator fan

what would be the most common practice to conduct test

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the bugman View Post
    thanks ice man for your response...question for you??? in your opinion (((how)) would you test a defrost switch using ohms when you have

red as common....brown as terminal....black for evaporator fan

what would be the most common practice to conduct test
    I usually just stick it in the freezer for 10 minutes or so.

Also you can take a pound of ice, add 1/2 cup of salt and 1/3 cup of water, mix it up and you will quickly get a solution at about +15°F to close the switch between common and fan.

Remove the switch, let it warm up to about 50°F and it should close between common and terminate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post

Also you can take a pound of ice, add 1/2 cup of salt and 1/3 cup of water, bottle of Tequila & triplesec with 1/2 bottle Margarita mix
    Fixed

Post Likes
    I blast them with CO2 till the common and fan close then I used to measure the temp on a rise to the termination temp but they are usually good, bad or they are not making good contact with the coil.