Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by simplyrollin View Post
    Sounds like you should have found a way to come up the money for a decent matched system.
    I see a lot of this kind of thing in the resi forum. How is this helpful? What are you trying to accomplish other than belittling someone for trying to do what they need to do?

I can understand someone wanting step by step DIY advice, but in a couple of situations recently I have seen where HO is broke, wife's sick, a/c's out and there is a free/cheap solution to get me by until work picks up, etc...

Oh, everybody says you should do without for 2 years or mortgage your house for a cadillac system... C'mon -- you wouldn't!

Why not say something constructive... "this could work, that might work but not very well, or here's why it can't." And the can'ts should maybe be a little realistic.

Not everyone is going to or is able to buy the perfect scenario regardless of your opinion, and I'm willing to bet there are a lot of techs on this forum with some frankenstein crap cooling their houses because it was free it can made to work for now!

If you can't be helpful to homeowners who ask legitimate questions on this site then why not stick to the pro-forum and leave 'em alone? Otherwise lets keep 'em safe, keep 'em comfortable, and maybe try to help our industry's reputation out a little. Hell, maybe even get a job or two out of the deal.

End of rant. Thanks for your time.
    Chris.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    Cheap solution = window shaker.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

There you go - a possible solution to a problem, and depending on the situation a realistic one.

John Culpepper is offline CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS Professional Member*
    As long as my bed room is cool I'm a happy camper.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

How do you know he is going thru financial difficulty......because they told you?......on the internet?.....

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    I see a lot of this kind of thing in the resi forum. How is this helpful? What are you trying to accomplish other than belittling someone for trying to do what they need to do?

I can understand someone wanting step by step DIY advice, but in a couple of situations recently I have seen where HO is broke, wife's sick, a/c's out and there is a free/cheap solution to get me by until work picks up, etc...

Oh, everybody says you should do without for 2 years or mortgage your house for a cadillac system... C'mon -- you wouldn't!

Why not say something constructive... "this could work, that might work but not very well, or here's why it can't." And the can'ts should maybe be a little realistic.

Not everyone is going to or is able to buy the perfect scenario regardless of your opinion, and I'm willing to bet there are a lot of techs on this forum with some frankenstein crap cooling their houses because it was free it can made to work for now!

If you can't be helpful to homeowners who ask legitimate questions on this site then why not stick to the pro-forum and leave 'em alone? Otherwise lets keep 'em safe, keep 'em comfortable, and maybe try to help our industry's reputation out a little. Hell, maybe even get a job or two out of the deal.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post

Chris.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, apparently you have not had to clean up too many of these frankenstein systems. Kind of gets old after a while. The best solution is to do it right

Im all for helping customers and building loyalty to my customer base, but doing things that are really taking steps backwards for a customer, is actually bad customer service. My stance is if you dont want to do it right, call someone else. Just remember when it breaks down, and he calls another company out, your reputation just took a hit. That tech will tell everybody he knows, XYZ HVAC mix-matched this mans system.

Talking

Today on this site there was a post from Clopec or clopex telling people to go to some site for diy info. I followed his link where he was systematically telling people how to replace the cheapest parts first........

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Today on this site there was a post from Clopec or clopex telling people to go to some site for diy info. I followed his link where he was systematically telling people how to replace the cheapest parts first........
    Thats bad for our industry, this guy must not know where his paycheck is coming from. Somebodies hours got cut this week because of this clown.

This site was made for professionals...in fact, Im all for getting rid of all the forums except for the professional ones.

I have no sympathy for a cheap arss home owner or slum lord with a poor me story.

If you cant afford a/c, then you shouldnt have it! Hell, I grew up with out a/c, microwaves and cell phones.

If you cant afford to fix your furnace, then you shouldnt have a house and if you cant afford to have children, then you shouldnt be having them either!

WERD!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    This site was made for professionals...in fact, Im all for getting rid of all the forums except for the professional ones.

I have no sympathy for a cheap arss home owner or slum lord with a poor me story.

If you cant afford a/c, then you shouldnt have it! Hell, I grew up with out a/c, microwaves and cell phones.

If you cant afford to fix your furnace, then you shouldnt have a house and if you cant afford to have children, then you shouldnt be having them either!

WERD!

Right on brother!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

WERD!

come on now

Tell us what

you really think

It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast