Norms Book - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norms Book

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by NormChris
    Originally posted by caosesvida
    norm do you also have one dedicated to pshycometrics?
    Yes, I have an unpublished book titled "Applied Psychrometrics For HVAC Technicians". I developed it for a one semester college level class I taught for many years when I was teaching HVAC fulltime at a community college. I had several hundred copies made at Kinkos just for my classes. Currently, I only have one hard copy left but have it in Microsoft Word.

I teach the same class as a two day seminar for York and hand out photocopies of the essential parts of it to those attending the seminar. I am considering revising it and publishing it. In the meantime, I am not making it available as I want to make some revisions and corrections before I let it go to the general market. It is unique as it not only covers the essentials of psychrometrics, it shows the technician lots of practical uses of psychrometrics for solving problems and tuning a system for a particular application. I tie psychrometrics to the fan laws, airflow measurement, hydronics, control adjustments, cooling towers, humidity control, economizers, mixed air applications, verification of system actual operating capacity and more.

Norm
    Is this class available ,other than thru York?

Not right now. Most York classes including this one are available to non York dealers and distributors. Plus, by doing it through York the training hours are recognized by NATE for recertification.

Norm

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Not right now. Most York classes including this one are available to non York dealers and distributors. Plus, by doing it through York the training hours are recognized by NATE for recertification.

Norm

What would you charge ,for a couple days in Florida?

If not possible,do you have the link to York's scheduled trainig?

Originally posted by dash

Norm

What would you charge ,for a couple days in Florida?

If not possible,do you have the link to York's scheduled trainig?

For information on the cost and possibilities call York's training department at (405) 419-6593

If you decide to schedule a class you can advertise the class and set your own class fees to cover your costs. We can provide you with an advertising flier for posting or mailing. Since you would be hosting the class you can open it up to any and all who want to attend. The class is also NATE approved for continuing education hours toward re-certification as all our factory classes are. This particular class is not product specific. The information applies to all brands.

We can bring this class to FLA or anywhere else in North America.

Norm

Keep us abreast if/when you bring it out in print. Would be very interested in this area of the field. ie the practical applications.

Ordered my copy last Wed and looking forward to seeing what is in it. I have sent 5 techs through ACCA and Trane sponsored training and to say the least we haven't been to impressed. One of my better techs failed the one put on by ACCA and I don't want to have to many of those happen. Trane is offering to provide the test and I wanna possibly do the training at least for our own guys. We still have another 20 that we want to take the test.

Originally posted by geno54
    Keep us abreast if/when you bring it out in print. Would be very interested in this area of the field. ie the practical applications.
    I have several writing projects currently in the works. Revising and updating the "Applied Psychrometrics & Airflow for HVAC Techncians" book is one of them.

HVAC Talk members will be some of the first to know when new publications are released.

Norm

Originally posted by swat
    Ordered my copy last Wed and looking forward to seeing what is in it. I have sent 5 techs through ACCA and Trane sponsored training and to say the least we haven't been to impressed. One of my better techs failed the one put on by ACCA and I don't want to have to many of those happen. Trane is offering to provide the test and I wanna possibly do the training at least for our own guys. We still have another 20 that we want to take the test.
    If you need to purchase the book in quantity (12 or more at a time) for use in a class or just to distribute to your guys, contact HVAC Talk or contact me. I know we can work out a quantity discount.

I am also available to come to you put on a NATE prep class in your area if you are interested.

Norm

How can I get it in canada

Norm:
    How can I get this book in CANADA.
    Thanks

Re: How can I get it in canada

Originally posted by ccf
    Norm:
    How can I get this book in CANADA.
    Thanks
    Order it right here from HVAC Talk. See the blue ad at the top of each page.

Norm:
    still free shipping? I can pay for it and I prefer USPS,

Originally posted by ccf
    Norm:
    still free shipping? I can pay for it and I prefer USPS,
    I don't sell the book, I just wrote it. Here, contact the folks who sell it here at HVAC Talk:

Contact Information
    BuildCentral, Inc.
    20 N Wacker Dr., Ste. 2225
    Chicago, IL 60606
    Toll Free: 866-316-5300 (US only)
    Phone: 312-223-1600
    FAX: 312-223-8603
    general@buildcentral.com

Shipping was free last week as of Wed. and still haven't seen it this week. Getting antsy I guess. Can't wait to see it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12