Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a server in my office, it has access to the internet for software updates. I have the security on it tight to protect records and for general privacy. No access to/from the network (which includes the internet and workstation) unless each instance is individually approved by the user (me).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have a server in my office, it has access to the internet for software updates. I have the security on it tight to protect records and for general privacy. No access to/from the network (which includes the internet and workstation) unless each instance is individually approved by the user (me).
    Micro$oft I assume. Don't trust their security at all. If it is important keep it off the internets tubes. Crackers don't need permission to gain access to your network. In other words, no credit card #'s and personal info on the tubes.

Even if it is linux or UNIX I would still be wary.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Micro$oft I assume. Don't trust their security at all. If it is important keep it off the internets tubes. Crackers don't need permission to gain access to your network. In other words, no credit card #'s and personal info on the tubes.

Even if it is linux or UNIX I would still be wary.
    Yes, MSFT. I plan to look into Apple, but there are other things of higher priority at this point.

I have made some provisions to protect myself from malware and mischief: Nothing of importance stays on the workstation... all data is stored on the server. And it would take an act of God for anyone to hack into the server. I have a friend who is an IT pro and a 'white hat'... if you follow that term... he set up the server as a 'nobody and nothing' gets in or out without specific permission EACH time.

And the server is not booted up unless I want something on it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12