Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    113

    Garbage Disposal Install

    I want to have a garbage disposal installed but currently don't have one so don't have an outlet under the sink or switch installed. Is this something that the plumber could put in when installing the disposal or would it need to be done before hand?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    chicago suburbs
    Posts
    4,422
    i think you'll probabaly need a new circuit. check your panel for space.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Several Miles from Sane
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by BParson03 View Post
    I want to have a garbage disposal installed but currently don't have one so don't have an outlet under the sink or switch installed. Is this something that the plumber could put in when installing the disposal or would it need to be done before hand?
    Call the Electrican first and get the electrical identified/installed before you call the Plumber. I will probably cost less if you do it in that order.

    To answer your question, no the Plumber cannot do that unless he is also and Electrican ( rare but I know of a few that are both).
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

    All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,896
    Twilly says get in touch with D's he does plumbing now.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    540
    Come on...if you can't figure out how to DIY install a friggin garbage disposal, what kind of an A/C man are you?

    Home Depot even gives free classes for muggles.
    Low Pressure Forever!

    If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

    Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    968
    Personally hate them. People throw everything down them. The only thing going down that drain should be water! Caught my GF draining hamburger grease. Reamed her when she tells my her drain is clogged! (80 year old galv. pipe).

    Don't even get me started about those chlorox wipes down the toilet!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilly View Post
    Twilly says get in touch with D's he does plumbing now.
    And electrical......
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    Come on...if you can't figure out how to DIY install a friggin garbage disposal, what kind of an A/C man are you?

    Home Depot even gives free classes for muggles.
    Why do you think this guy is an a/c man?

    Anyway, if you have a dishwasher or receptacle close by you can get the cricuit from there, a plumber may be able to do it for you.
    Its not hard, even for a muggle.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    The drain can be a little tricky if you have a duoble basin sink. Then you have to install a Y-tee not just a regular tee.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Why do you think this guy is an a/c man?

    I guess I just assumed based on the name of the forum.

    So I guess my question would be: WTF would he be doing here if he's not in the field.

    'Scuse me while I head over to DIYneurosurgery.com and ask 'em how to lance my boil.
    Low Pressure Forever!

    If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

    Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    I guess I just assumed based on the name of the forum.

    So I guess my question would be: WTF would he be doing here if he's not in the field.

    'Scuse me while I head over to DIYneurosurgery.com and ask 'em how to lance my boil.
    Well...........its the general discussion forum, not the pro section.
    Any muggle with any mechanical ability can wire up a disposal.
    I would lance my own boil, no problem.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event