Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 478790919293949596979899 LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,261 of 1276
    Quote Originally Posted by john dalton View Post
    Dear ACCMan,

Well said, or shall I say......well posted.

The really sad ending of this project is the fact that the original Trane split system “might” have been adequate for this project had the original installing contractor installed the right components to modify this stand system, and if he had provided a complete and comprehensive commissioning of the system.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton
    OMG John Dalton actually conceded this! Damn I have been here in forever but I do miss this forum and cannot believe this thread continues! Hey Happy last day of Chanuka and Merry Christmas to all on here! I can die peacefully with a "might have been " from Respectfully Yours John Dalton oh and Happy Kwanza too 4 those that it applies to!
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by serverroomcooling View Post
    does this mean that a HGB is sending hot gas to the coil on a regular basis....if so, I missed that point pages and pages ago...I was under the impression that there was some trigger that opened the valve to let the hot gas flow
    Normally, there are two components that allow a compressor to bypass discharge gas into the evaporator.

A HGBP solenoid valve must first be energized and opened by means of a temperature sensor and controlling switch on the suction side of the evaporator.

The second is the regulating valve which meters the flow of discharge gas into the evaporator according to the suction pressure.

As long as the solenoid coil is energized and the coil temperature is within bypass range, the compressor will bypass a certain amount of it's discharge gas directly to the inlet of the evaporator.

So, the answer to your question is.... yes and no

Hot Gas Applications

If I might add......
    There are many uses, and needs, for HGBP.
    1. Preventing short cycling by opening as the compressor reduces its steps of capacity. Normally controlled by the capacity controller. Prevents temperature spikes when the compressor cycles.
    2. Preventing coil freeze-up due to low suction pressure (cycling loads in process applications) Energized all of the time and feeds hot gas based on pressure settings.
    3. Maintaining a precise evaporator temperature on systems with "fixed" loads that results in precise room control (+/- 2 degrees F, +/- 2% RH) for labs. This application must be set-up during actual load conditions and requires a constant pressure type head pressure control. Suction temperature / coil temperature can be determined by pysch. chart to reduce set-up time for RH control. Reheat required and Preheat if O.A. is added.

All HGBP installations should also have a refrigerant cut-off valve installed before the solenoid and the chosen type of HGBP. Best results are obtained by using a Sporlan side inlet Tee with the proper orifice installed. The orifice in the distributor behind the EXV valve must be removed from its factory location and the side inlet tee brazed to the EXV valve and the distributor.
    Sporlan has extensive information on this subject.
    HGBP has been used in the industrial field since the fifties for all of these type applications.
    I hope this helps in looking at HGBP (and head pressure control) in a different way.
    P.S. We do a lot of work for Energizer. Like the Energizer Bunny, this thread go's on, and on, and on....

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Normally, there are two components that allow a compressor to bypass discharge gas into the evaporator.

A HGBP solenoid valve must first be energized and opened by means of a temperature sensor and controlling switch on the suction side of the evaporator.

The second is the regulating valve which meters the flow of discharge gas into the evaporator according to the suction pressure.

As long as the solenoid coil is energized and the coil temperature is within bypass range, the compressor will bypass a certain amount of it's discharge gas directly to the inlet of the evaporator.

So, the answer to your question is.... yes and no
    Last edited by ACCMan; 12-13-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: PS statement

remember this one
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

no this again

Talking

OMG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO WAY!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    OMG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO WAY!

I just could not resist MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

what is wrong with you?!

What's the line in Vegas for this thread lasting longer than the system he installed in the server room?
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

CONTEST....CONTEST

once again i would like to bring back this legendary thread for the newer guys to read. anyone who joined after jan 2008 and who reads the whole post and can answer some questions will have a all expense paid trip to the pittsburgh get together courtesy of the famous DICEMAN.

please post here, upon completion of reading the post and DICEMAN will respond.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

What about..........Me?

Dear Diceman,

Do I qualify, you said....."Anyone".

Oh.........You also said "anyone who joined after January 2008.

Wait a minute....

Can I resign from this forum, then rejoin, and then be eligible for this contest??????

Most respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM

PS: Great talking to you again Diceman.

Dear OMG,

I love'd this thread, thanks for bringing it back
    • Today is Tomorrow's Yesterday

• The Quality of Work, doesn't begin with the Lowest Price!!!

I laughed my A-- off on this entire post....SAME OLD, SAME OLD. Customer wanted or needed X and did not want to spend Z(regardless of why budget) But what do we do ???? lol try to FIELD DESIGN a unit designed to run 24/7, control air changes, match variing loads and varing indoor and outdoor conditions.....LOL. We as technicains always try to make or create the ultimate MaGiver (the dude who makes a welder out of shoe string and a watrermelon).... IF IT IS SO CRITICAL DO THE RIGHT THING END OF STORY...

Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 478790919293949596979899 LastLast