+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14545758596061626364
Results 1,261 to 1,276 of 1276

Thread: cooling a small server room

Post Likes
    I laughed my A-- off on this entire post....SAME OLD, SAME OLD. Customer wanted or needed X and did not want to spend Z(regardless of why budget) But what do we do ???? lol try to FIELD DESIGN a unit designed to run 24/7, control air changes, match variing loads and varing indoor and outdoor conditions.....LOL. We as technicains always try to make or create the ultimate MaGiver (the dude who makes a welder out of shoe string and a watrermelon).... IF IT IS SO CRITICAL DO THE RIGHT THING END OF STORY...

Post Likes
    P.S. THATS WHY THEY MAKE UNITS DESIGNED FOR COMPUTER ROOM APPLICATIONS....LMAO SEVERAL TIMES....

Post Likes
    The company I work for installed a Fujitsu Inverter system in a "small server room" and it worked great. This unit was a 24,000 btuh system that could operate as low as 3000 btuh . This allows the system to operate at todays heat load with more capacity for future loads to be added.

http://www.fujitsugeneral.com/wallmountediaq9-12.htm
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Post Likes
    I'm sure you could cut a hole in the side of the wall and put in a window shaker too.. Come on boys are we talking server rooms or telephone closets.

Post Likes

This thread has passed the Statute of Limitations

Either stuff like this gets put in the Kindergarten section or you risk being considered irrelevant. I actually contributed to this, but I've heard enough. It started as a guy who had an assignment that was maybe a little outside his expertise. OK, let's help. In the interim, there were lots of discussions about the issues involved in cooling computer rooms. It has since become a parody of itself. I don't care how passionate you are, you can not realistically compare a couple of hundred square feet of low-budget closet to a computer room facility that has a half dozen 2 megawatt generators out back.

Whoever runs this website should seriously consider putting a cap on this thread. Whatever educational value it might have has probably already been beaten to death.

Regards,
    Rotorbar

Post Likes
    Hey All!

Just trying to ruffle some feathers and bring some life back in to this thread. Is it officially capped or can we get some friction back in to the discussion? Sorry, I couldn't resist, this is one of the all time HVAC Talk Classics.

Also I need some help with the following product: 4396710

Has anybody used this product or purchased from here? I'm helping my son with his remodel and he referred me to that.

Post Likes
    I didn't want to start a new thread It's kind of fun to dig in to the doldrums

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Commsrv View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread It's kind of fun to dig in to the doldrums
    Quote Originally Posted by Commsrv View Post
    Hey All!

Just trying to ruffle some feathers and bring some life back in to this thread. Is it officially capped or can we get some friction back in to the discussion? Sorry, I couldn't resist, this is one of the all time HVAC Talk Classics.

Also I need some help with the following product: 4396710

Has anybody used this product or purchased from here? I'm helping my son with his remodel and he referred me to that.
    Be careful for what you wish for. You may get more than you dreamed.

Post Likes

I'm not scared........Yes, but you be..........

Dear Commsrv,

Like Lusker said.....Be careful my young friend.

Your dreams....or nightmares could come true.

Most Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton CM

Post Likes

Really

I just couldn't resist this thread.-

Really? an 18,000 btuh mini for an it closet? Really? It barely fit.

I installed it with reservations. They apparently think that it is a "small server room".

"I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    This is a small server room, or a really big IT closet.

Post Likes
    Knowing the power requirements for the relay rack will help determine your heat load, does not look like anything is racked and stacked yet. Maybe the building A/C will be all you need.

Post Likes
    Old thread.

Rather than closing, I moved to tech-to-tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFORTRESS HNL View Post
    Knowing the power requirements for the relay rack will help determine your heat load, does not look like anything is racked and stacked yet. Maybe the building A/C will be all you need.
    They requested 2 tons........................

And I'm pretty sure that they did no calcs......

Post Likes
    What a great thread this was.........rather long in length....but rich in content.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J, Dalton CM

Post Likes
    patiently read the whole lot, thanks for all your posts with years of knowledge and experience. This thread will never grow old. As for me, the quest for learning HVAC has begun, and patiently Im threading the path.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14545758596061626364

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in