Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164 ... LastLast
    OK John here are more translations:

STOP MISQUOTING ME…….

“Yet the EPR itself could be used for that as matter of fact one of the reasons it is used on multi evap systems the epr's are put on the evaps that have higher operating temps then the evap with the lowest operating temp so that these ones do not ice up.”

That was my quote you responded about an epr with a dbv not an epr by itself…

But what you are saying is:

“ It is not possible to use an EPR valve by itself on this system to maintain a temperature above icing and have a suction pressure within mfr’s tolerance for the compressor.”

-----indirect Dalton Quote..

I do not think I agree with this statement but ok.

Now for the baja buggy:

“First and foremost, the lowest possible evaporative coil temperature is not, I repeat, is not what we are after. We are simply after a way of preventing the evaporative coil surface from beginning to freeze in the first place…..and nothing more.”

I respectfully exclude myself from this we……

In addition to your above recommendations: If you installed a DBV, like we both have agreed to use, and set it properly (53 PSIG), then installed the EPR, and set it to the above setting that you recommend (43 PSIG), then the EPR would never close, and hence be totally useless.

This was an error the dbv pressure should be lower than the epr…

However the point is moot as in your precious indirect quote you said it was impossible to return a suction pressure within mfr standards of a high temp compressor .

Well since that would be the case and the condensor would be opened up anyway to install the bypass valve might as well changeout the compressor while I am there and if I am changing the compressor might as well retrofit it to a 404a system, add in a receiver, accumulator, rip the air handler go with 2 split 1.5 ton dual fan refrigeration coils with bypass valves on the evaps and maintain the evaps at 24 psig which would gives us roughly a –10 degree evap temp.

Now this could be checkmate …. At this butt kickin cold temp that this system would achieve ---hell with Lieberts---an electric defrost with a timer with early termination the room would still be well within acceptable temperatures but I would stagger the defrost cycles of the evaps anyway…

Now I know what you are thinking humidity could be dangerously low at that temp which present a static danger …However florida being roughly an average of 63%rh I figure with serverroom go in every 5 minutes to check on “stuff” this will balance out the humidity if not make up air could be added from the outside when the humidity level fell below a certain point….

I know you think this is too good be true but there is more and before the Dalron gang jumps the gun I would have the room floor ceiling walls and door completely insulated…

But need be I would be willing to change the condensor coil and fan for a larger coil and higher hp motor if it could not dissipate the heat load being produced and the pressures run too high.

And for efficiency sake I would consider a second smaller compressor as well which would be used with one evap in low load conditions and when loads were peak then the second would be used instead and a solinoid valve would open the second evap as well.

I am figuring with used/donated parts from posters and mfr’s we can do this badboy for about
    $9.95 with no warranty 29.95 with 1 yr warranty and $50 with three years extended warranty.

I see the discovery channel calling me for my own show "EXTREME HVAC" OR "DESPERATE SERVERROOMS" OR
    "KIDS SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SMOKE CRACK"

I ANXIOUSLY ANTICIPATE YOUR REPLY AND PLEASE IN THE FUTURE TRY TO RESPOND TO WHAT I ACTUALLY WRITE.

[Edited by thehumid1 on 01-25-2005 at 01:10 PM]
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

side note.....during Hurricanes, at least direct hit or possible direct hit hurricanes, all non-essential systems are shut down, basically we only have 2 or 4 servers on during the storms. We get them back on as soon as the storm passes.

We got our hurricane policies in procedures in place and had plenty of practice this year!!!!

Originally posted by serverroomcooling
    side note.....during Hurricanes, at least direct hit or possible direct hit hurricanes, all non-essential systems are shut down, basically we only have 2 or 4 servers on during the storms. We get them back on as soon as the storm passes.

We got our hurricane policies in procedures in place and had plenty of practice this year!!!!
    I would hope you have a generator too... I lived in PB County when Andrew hit...Glad I did not live there this past year.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

I have one for my house.....can't really get one for the office...no place to run it....the fumes would kill us all!!!

My building has a generator in it, but I'm not sure if it would be on for 2 weeks straight if we had a massive hit like Andrew. Next year prior to Hurricane season I will be speaking with my building manager and I will ask him if we can run a generator on the roof if the building generator is not running during extended power outages.

I will need a generator big enough to power the 12kwa and the AC system.

That's gonna be fun....I'm sure the Liebert guy can hook me up with that too, maybe he can put it up on the roof during this install, run the power down to my server room and make it turn key to me...automatic transfer switch, the works....

Someone pinch me, wake me up from this dream

You should just move the whole server room to a bunker underground in Montana

Then have my T1 connection the only connection within a 1000 mile radius?? No thanks....

The funny part is that there are companies selling bunkers that can be installed in the back yard with all the survival gear built in...power, cooling, cooking, water purifying, etc...I think there is an optional sniper tower you can install for after the hurricane protection

People were talking about these things right after the season was over, I haven't heard much about them since.

My Generator is still on my porch...and I have 15 gallons of gas left, I'm too lazy to put it in my car....think it's still good?? I should get rid of it already

here's one of the bunker sites

http://www.usbunkers.com/

Then have my T1 connection the only connection within a 1000 mile radius?? No thanks....

The funny part is that there are companies selling bunkers that can be installed in the back yard with all the survival gear built in...power, cooling, cooking, water purifying, etc...I think there is an optional sniper tower you can install for after the hurricane protection

People were talking about these things right after the season was over, I haven't heard much about them since.

My Generator is still on my porch...and I have 15 gallons of gas left, I'm too lazy to put it in my car....think it's still good?? I should get rid of it already
    Gas is still good water in the tank from condensation is more prevalent up north.

That bunker sounds nice though... sniper tower and all for looters... they forgot to add a torture chamber for price gougers..

my gas is still in the plastic gas cans.....I'm trying to find better web sites, I think we can get some Iraqis to come down here to help us build bunkers, but we are probably too close to sea level for those

yep ... you would have to search for the bunker inside the sinkhole...hey what do u recommend to keep spyware off a computer?

Norton Anti-Virus 2005 for viruses

for Spyware use

http://webroot.com/products/spysweep...c6351965bb7dc8

it's a great rpogram...might be a bit intrusive at times, but it's only b/c spyware is even more intrusive.

If you get too infected with spyware/adware and viruses, sometimes it doesn't pay to clean it up, it's better to reformat and start fresh. There are over 50,000 types of spyware/adware known and more come out everyday.

The best thing to do is reload your operating system and install antivirus and anti spyware, and keep patched with Microsoft.

Be careful on the Internet, don't install free, cool programs, they are the biggest culprits....remember, nothing is free!!!

Norton Anti-Virus 2005 for viruses

for Spyware use

http://webroot.com/products/spysweep...c6351965bb7dc8

it's a great rpogram...might be a bit intrusive at times, but it's only b/c spyware is even more intrusive.

If you get too infected with spyware/adware and viruses, sometimes it doesn't pay to clean it up, it's better to reformat and start fresh. There are over 50,000 types of spyware/adware known and more come out everyday.

The best thing to do is reload your operating system and install antivirus and anti spyware, and keep patched with Microsoft.

Be careful on the Internet, don't install free, cool programs, they are the biggest culprits....remember, nothing is free!!!
    Actually I just put the trila version of that on 2 days ago

I run the enterprise version of Spysweeper on my entire network (450 computers 55 servers spread thruoghout 23 sites)....it is very powerful!!!!

[Edited by serverroomcooling on 01-25-2005 at 04:48 PM]

Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44447484950515253545556575859606164 ... LastLast