Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 353839404142434445464748495051525595 ... LastLast
    Allrightey then, lets not get our shorts bound up over this problem. From what I have read, your problem is:

1. You dont know what your true load is.
    2. You want to be able to maintain 65 degrees.
    3. You dont care about the RH% in the room.
    4. When you crank the stat to 65 the thing freezes up.
    5. You're not sure how to fund the convention.

My questions would be (and I know if I read the whole thread I could find the answer, but you know).

Does it freeze up with the stat at 65 and the ambient temp up?

It has obviously been running fine for a couple of weeks at 70, has your ambient temps been cold.

I was going to ask why cant you find anyone in S. Florida worth a sh*t, but I guess that is actually part of your problem.

Bottom line is the thing freezes up on you, isnt that the real problem you have?
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

diceman....quit checking the thread, the headache will disappear!!!!

I will have some readings for you very soon....the install guy is here now....he can get me everything but the bulb readings, he doesn't have the right machine for that in the shop.

I'll post them as soon as he gives them to me

nope...never heard of that one...but that contact guy is the Liebert guy who will come in next week....I have that space in my drop ceiling, maybe I'll sneak it up there and get a second system installed....obviously price in always a consideration...I can finance and treat it like a maintenance fee and get it done. I'll speak with the Liebert guy on Wed about the overall system, hopefully he will pick up the ball and make me disappear from the this web site!!!!

Wouldn't that make everyone soooo happy??

I have found over the years that when something isn't working right and requires numerous service calls, discussions and meetings all involving highly technical data
    as well as arugments over design and installation.............then......someone screwed up something simple and doesn't wanna admit to it.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by serverroomcooling
    hopefully he will pick up the ball and make me disappear from the this web site!!!!

Wouldn't that make everyone soooo happy??
    Don't do that, Dalton might shoot himself.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by john dalton
    Dear Tinner73,

Good thing I’m a mechanical engineer who specializes in server rooms then hun…….

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

i just got here. if you're a M.E. where did this go wrong??
    lemme guess as usual a $$$$$$$$$ issue?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Partial readings (Fianlly)

here's what I have:

Suction Line pressure = 67

Liquid Line Pressure = 214

FLA .90

RLA 16.0

Running AMPs at compressor 12.3 AMPs (at 3:45 74 degrees outside...compressor is in direct sunlight, humidity is 45%)

CFM is 400 at each of my 3 drops.

CFM at return could not be accurately measured b/c it's a open stand, no actual ductwork

CFM was gathered by setting the cfm reader setting to 1000 and the pin went all the way to the right to 500, he said that means the CFM is 400 at the drop, he got the same measurment from all 3 drops....I was only there to witness the one furthest from the handler.

Compressor model number is 2TTR2036A1000AA

handler model # is TWE036P13FB0

They say everything is fine and I can drop my tstat to 65 and not worry about a freeze up....but I'm staying at 70

Who are you taking to?

Dear Chillrdude,

“Well I have been doing this kind of work for about 25 years now, I have done a lot of computer and server rooms for the Dept. of Defence, Mead, Lexus Nexus, EDS,and General Motors to name a few. Here in Ohio these systems must work in ambient conditions at times well below zero, as I have stated before I have not and have no plans to read this entire thread but my guess is that the solution to your problem has been stated probably many times, someone is not listening.

There are a lot of smart guys on this board, I am not sure of who all has tried to help you but I know that twcpipes has helped a lot of people on here and (not knowing him personally) I think he knows his stuff. If you are not going to listen to Tom, you are probably not listening to the others in the thread that have tried to help, am I dumb enough to think you will listen to me.....’

Who are talking to Serverroomcooling, me (john Dalton), or someone else…..could you please identify who you are speaking to?

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

John....I just want to make sure you don't overlook the partial readings I posted....looks like you posted at the same time I did...

Apparently I have made some poeple upset....I appologize to anyone who is annoyed by this thread, especially Boss, since I would guess people are complaining about me, at least the harrasment makes me feel like I'm just a pest around here.

It's cool Serverroomcooling......

Dear Serverroomcooling,

Regarding your previous post:

“we still don't know if I'm sized properly...I think I am, and I will know after the readings are taken on Wed.”

Ah……no you won’t. Unfortunately you won’t really know if this system can keep the temperature down till after you’ve had your July and August hot weather, with the building being off for a typical three day holiday(remember Memorial or Labor days). That’s when the system will require it’s greatest capacity.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

PS: Chill out my friend….there’s always going to be guys at every forum that have something positive or negative to say about everything. This thread is no different. Like I’ve always said; Options are like armpits, everyone has one or two of them, but unfortunately they usually stink.

we've gone 40 pages without hostility....I'm cool, keeping my temper down...I run to the server room to cool down
    ;-)

let me know how the readings look

Serveroom:

At long last some readings. A bit incomplete to say the least. Not your fault, I know. The pressures have the appearance of being ok, but I would like to know the suction line temperature and liquid line temperature. I have to say that I was leaning toward your contractor being competent, but no wet bulb reading?? And even worse, if I understand your earlier thread, he didn't have the instrument to measure it??? That is a big no-no. You are in Florida. He has no reason not to have it on his truck right now (maybe even a backup).

In regards to his CFM readings, it sounds a little sketchy to me. It seems real convenient that the three supply registers pushed out exactly one third of the total "theoretical" CFM of the blower. I am not familiar with the instrument he used to test the CFM, but it sounds a little sketchy also.

I could go on, but I do not want to steal all of Dalton's thunder. I think that I may want to jump back on his bandwagon. This system may work for you, but it will be quite by accident.

Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 353839404142434445464748495051525595 ... LastLast