+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: cooling a small server room

Post Likes
    Dear Thehumid1,

First and foremost my friend, my family and I will pray that the upcoming custody battle between your wife and you would be settled to the children’s, to you, and to your wife’s best interest. I have six children, and can’t imagine not seeing them after work ever evening……..you have a tough roll to hoe my friend….but I pray that God would be with you every step of the way.

“….. I understand whats right and what will work are two different concepts but this has worked.”

Totally agree with you that it works…….but just because it works……doesn’t make it right. A lot of HVAC systems work, but they don’t work right…..like Serverroomcooling’s system.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Post Likes

You may not be able to answer his questions, but........

Dear Serverroomcooling,

Regarding your post:

“He will question me and I will not be able to answer his questions, and we will get no where.”

John J. Dalton

Cell: (323) 683 – 5780

Office: (323) 771 – 2293

Have him call me………..I’ll answer his questions, and we will get somewhere!

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Post Likes
    serverroom,
    sorry I haven't been here in a while. I've been flying all over the country.. I hear the dinner bell and I see that liebert word alot on these past pages. Now I will admit that I have not been reading all of this but It looks to me like you are ready to tear out the unit you have now and get something else. I see that you are looking at a challenger.... what did our local APC rep recomend to you.. Now remember he is a sales man . APC at this time does not have any floor mount units in a DX (compressor) configuration under 6 tons but our ceiling line is 1.5 to 5 tons.... I would love to help make a sale here.. let me know what I can do to help steer you away from liebert and more towards apc.... there are alot of things that we can do that might be a big selling point for you.... lets just say here for the sake of argument that you need 1 3ton system to handle the space ( I may be wrong in the tonnage but these is just too much to go read through again ) and down time is a major issue ( as it is with all datacenters) you can get 2 3ton ceiling mount system... have them tied together in a networking config.. that way if there was a alarm on one system and it was down. The second would come on automatically and handle the load There are many options that these units come with since they were designed for 24/7/365 operation in your application. No field modifications, just install it.. commission it and forget about it. I'l try and stay up on this post and help out in anyway that I can. Too bad I don't have any south florida trips planned or I'd stop by. But who knows If you do go APC I'll see what I can do to come down and start it up for you

Post Likes
    Dear Serverroomcooling,

When is this gentleman from Liebert going to give you a written heat load calculation?

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Post Likes
    I should have everything tomorrow....I hope

APC guy, I don't want a ceiling mount unit, I don't want sales guys, if I can't find someone qualified as an hvac guy, why would I trust a sales guy...if you can hook me up with someone who really knows his stuff, send him my way

I'll give the number to the Leibert guy, maybe he will call you....so if you get a call about Doni's server room in Florida, you will know what he's talking about

Post Likes
    Dear Serverroomcooling,

Although we have a considerable amount of server rooms on service contract, and service even more, I’ll be sure to let the front desk know I might be expecting a long distance call from Florida regarding yours.

Just remember, tomorrow another day…..maybe it just might be a great day, I just hope it’s not the day the compressor dies.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Post Likes
    my sleeping disorder continues

Post Likes
    Dear Serverroomcooling,

Have you tried counting Liebert units........sorry bad joke.

Keep smiling buddy.......and don't let them see you sweat.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

Post Likes
    I printed out this thread thus far....352 pages thus far, I hope it's enough to justify a liebert or other system in it's class

Post Likes
    serverroom,
    I must of read into "the dinner bell is ringing" too much. I thought that you were ready to go with one of our units. (that is what puts the food on my table) let me see if we have any service partners in the miami area. I think we do but I'm not sure. If I can find one i'll let you know and get you in touch with them. Hopefully if we do have one down there they have not been to your site. LOL.... I would hate to know that one of our locals can't figure out what is going on here.

Post Likes
    no, you read correctly, I am ready to buy....and I believe the food is put on your table when I buy the unit, so you are right, but I am ready to buy a new system, you can't tell me the bell only rings when the customer is ready to buy your system....hasn't your mother ever called you to dinner but make you wash up first???

the bell is ringing, send someone who will prove to me that they can handle this job....I'm sure your sub-contractor installs other systems as well.

The one thing I don't like about ceiling mount units are the water leak potential, the very expensive installation (as I recall your guy was charging the same amount to install as it cost to but the unit, seemed pretty high to me), and it's hard to access to maintian.

find me someone in South Florida who will stand by their work the way John would!!!!

Post Likes

Re: Windows system restore

Originally posted by serverroomcooling
    system restore doesn't work so well, it'll kill your computer more often than actually working right....backup your quicken/quickbooks stuff, save all pics and docs to a CDRW and reformat...call quickbooks/quicken and tell them you had a system failure and they will give you new reg codes, just make sure you go to help => about and copy down your account # and reg codes...it's not that big of a deal......reformat, reinstall, all software, then call quicken/quickbooks get the numbers, register it, and restore from backup....

or do what's easiest.....upgrade to a new computer!!
    lol its quick loads a heat loss/gain calculation software!

hhmmm scanned the last few posts so u think wide open throttle on the TXV John...so serverroom has an LRP lol actually that would have been a good solution too if they made them that small ... I dont have time to look at the readings maybe tomorrow but I need to get a lawyer in San Diego by February 9th...
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes
    good luck with the proceedings

Quick....silly me, I just didn't read it right, but they should be able to get the unlock codes

What do you guys think of data aire??

http://www.dataaire.com

Post Likes

serverroomcooling

When your ready for someone to tell you how to have your immediate problem corrected instead of all the gloom and doom tactics, please post you would require that. The immediate expansion valve problem can be remedied by either your new found a/c man or the original installer. The original contractor should not charge you as it is a warranty item.
    Your choice if you choose to do something.
    In any event, if the readings are correct your system just needs attention as soon as possible to get you out of any problems for the time being until you can buy your new Cadillac to replace what some have called a Chevy. And that I would believe is the main thing at this point: to get what you have operating in some semblence of good order.

Post Likes
    I have called my install guy, he came out and took partial reading and said everything is fine. Now I'm going to call him and say he is wrong, and demand he comes and fixes it?? Tell me exactly what to say to him, I'll call and say that...sube heat subcool, valve failing...it's all Chinese to me

When the new guys come back I will be frank with them. I will tell them I think the unit is on it's death bed and I need them to fix it, at least for the time being.

The cadilac must be installed, enough is enough, I just hope these new guys are competent....amybe the guys who took the readings were told by their boss not to say anything immediately, maybe he felt I would be skeptical of their actions too. He says he deals with this bad installs all the time. Maybe this is how he feels he closes more deals.....not by showing up all doom and gloom saying, the system will die in 2 days, I can begin installing this million dollar syatem tomorrow, sign on the dotted line.

Maybe they really do feel the system will last another couple weeks and there is no need to scare the living you know what out of me.

I'm just trying to give the benefit of the doubt....I'll let you know what they say

Post Likes
    serverroom,
    I have 2 companies that you can call..... email me and I will give you their contact information. Mike.clemence@apcc.com
    And I'm sure you know my opinion on Datair

Post Likes
    I'm sure anything without APC on the front is not good in your eyes

Post Likes
    I just got off the phone with the liebert installers....I pressed him about the superheat and sub cooling and he is still not worried. Maybe he doesn't have enough experience with residential untis, I don't know, but I'm not going to pass judgements on him.

He did say that he did the load calcs and my needs as is is less than 2 tons

He will come up with a ball park figure and send it to me, and then he will send his engineers to design the system.

He wants to install a liebert and use my Trane in cinjunction with an AC forwarder....he said that if the Liebert goes into alarm it will kick on the Trane so that room stays cool until the alarm clears or I am notified and fix the problem.

He also said he would put me on a maint plan that once a quarter they would come and change the filters and test the systems, make sure the forwarding still works and that the systems are still running like they should.

Sounds good to me. I would assume he wants to install a Challanger unit for the room....he says for now I need a 2 ton unit, but I do need to grow so I will need to oversize a bit to allow growth, but I'll let him figure that out for me.

He told me he will give me written load calcs and written design plans before we do anything

Post Likes
    apc_ac_man provided me with 2 companies that they deal with, I will call one of them in and see how they do. I will tell them I need someone to come out and diagnoss and fix what I have so it will work for the time being, and I also want a quote on what they suggest I do for the future.

I called and said I need someone to do some maint on my current unit, and it is time to upgrade so I'm looking for a company to handle this for me....wish me luck

Post Likes
    Originally posted by john dalton
    Dear Thehumid1,

First and foremost my friend, my family and I will pray that the upcoming custody battle between your wife and you would be settled to the children’s, to you, and to your wife’s best interest. I have six children, and can’t imagine not seeing them after work ever evening……..you have a tough roll to hoe my friend….but I pray that God would be with you every step of the way.

“….. I understand whats right and what will work are two different concepts but this has worked.”

Totally agree with you that it works…….but just because it works……doesn’t make it right. A lot of HVAC systems work, but they don’t work right…..like Serverroomcooling’s system.

Respectfully Submitted,
    John J. Dalton

LMAO ....Please....don't put me in that category... but wouldn't the temperature coming back on the compressor with the DBV opening at 53 psig like u stated earlier also comes back to the compressor below 40 degrees?

Also mfr's are pussies they never really let you know the full limit of abuse those babies can take.

[Edited by thehumid1 on 01-27-2005 at 11:03 AM]
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in