Originally posted by twcpipes
Question about the below statement in your last post:

as the national Weather Service shows Jan-Mar ambients of 59-63 degrees and then again in Dec of 62. Depending on the ratio of NRE of the cooling coil to space tonnage requirements, are we sure there will always be an at, or near, 100psig drop across the TXV to accomplish required tonnage when needed? Especially if a higher efficient condenser is used.

*1) A head pressure or weatherization control in Hollywood Florida is absolutely unnecessary but a TXV will give your system better efficiency.*
Well first of all I never trust weathermen but those ambients seem extremely low for that area of South Florida what city where you looking at and the only times I used them there was on walk-in cooler/ refrigeration applications and most of them don't even have one. Sure there will be conditions like maybe 3-10 days out the year where it could actually be used. And I can never always be sure of anything in this business like a 100 psig drop across the txv......as there are many variables that can affect this one of which is low ambient temp causing too much subcooling of the LL.
So you if you are designing a system to meet every posible extreme necessary regardless if the condition is only going to exist 1% of the time than I would agree it is necessary. In this case I would call it overkill.