Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 19

Thread: Quick Question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queens. NY
    Posts
    14

    Quick Question

    Ok as u kno i go to Lincoln Tech for HVAC-R. i was told about joining a union its way better. i just want to kno 1 is there any unions in NY? and 2 if i get my EPA from lincoln tech would joining a union still make sense? O an can someone please explain how my gages work to read how much refridgerant is in a system and if its at a safe and balance rate?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,964
    First you should learn proper grammar and sentence structure.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley of New York
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    First you should learn proper grammar and sentence structure.
    I am glad I am not breaking him into the field?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold.calm
    Posts
    5,703
    Don’t text message here. Were just a bunch a Gruppy old men / women.

    Quote Originally Posted by HVAClambright View Post
    Ok as u kno i go to Lincoln Tech for HVAC-R. i was told about joining a union its way better. i just want to kno 1 is there any unions in NY?

    You already know the answer to that.

    and 2 if i get my EPA from lincoln tech would joining a union still make sense?

    Yes. It is usually a 5 year program where you get paid as a helper in the field with night classes as well. Pay rises every year and benefits. Can tech school offer that.

    O an can someone please explain how my gages work to read how much refridgerant is in a system and if its at a safe and balance rate?

    Gauges are only one tool in your arsenal. Temperature probes, PT charts, and experience all play a part. You should have learned this by now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,964
    Ha!...we are gruppy.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queens. NY
    Posts
    14
    lol learn grammar an sentence structure? ok next. uhmmm this is the internet not a job interview. if u cant read it bypass an find a thread u can read. Im sorry, find a thread YOU can read. Im glad your not breaking me into the field either, wouldn't want to catch an assult charge for beating the $%@# out of you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,803
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley of New York
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAClambright View Post
    lol learn grammar an sentence structure? ok next. uhmmm this is the internet not a job interview. if u cant read it bypass an find a thread u can read. Im sorry, find a thread YOU can read. Im glad your not breaking me into the field either, wouldn't want to catch an assult charge for beating the $%@# out of you
    With that attitude, good luck to you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queens. NY
    Posts
    14
    Its hard to learn when u have a class full of idiots an a instructor that only knows football and video games. For example the teach says "the green wire is always going to be your ground" student yells out "so green is the ground right?" next student says "what was the green wire again?" an this honestly repeats about 3-4 times. Then everyone finally gets that the green wire is the ground and class is over. smh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Connectitaxed
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAClambright View Post
    Its hard to learn when u have a class full of idiots an a instructor that only knows football and video games. For example the teach says "the green wire is always going to be your ground" student yells out "so green is the ground right?" next student says "what was the green wire again?" an this honestly repeats about 3-4 times. Then everyone finally gets that the green wire is the ground and class is over. smh.
    On a t-stat the green wire is normally connected to the fan relay.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    580
    Which green wire?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hendersonville,NC
    Posts
    84
    makes me wonder how the white wire conversation went

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,959
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAClambright View Post
    Its hard to learn when u have a class full of idiots an a instructor that only knows football and video games. For example the teach says "the green wire is always going to be your ground" student yells out "so green is the ground right?" next student says "what was the green wire again?" an this honestly repeats about 3-4 times. Then everyone finally gets that the green wire is the ground and class is over. smh.
    If this is truly how they operate you need to seek training at another facility. Are you paying to be taught in this fashion?

    You are in serious trouble when you get into the field if they don't even train you how to read gauges.

    And I also feel confident in correctly answering one of your post from June, "I plan to start classes next month at Licoln Tech in NJ for the HVAC program. I just wanna know from some ppl if this is a good school to get my certificate from? Or if anyone has been threw this school and can share some information please."

    No, don't go there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event