Carrier/Bryant and Triac T-Stats=danger

I have installed four new 355CAV042060 furnaces. Intermittent "heat cycle will not shut off", either manually or when satisfied. I have installed well over fifty Evolution systems with Evolution controls, Venstar, Totaline, ect...never a problem. When I called Carrier tech they refused to support Totaline thermostats even though their supply house sold it to me. I called Venstar, and they were actually very helpful. I was told they had recently heard from someone else with the same problem. After calling Carrier tech numerous times with no help, I was finally told by tech support that Carrier has removed resisters in their new circuit boards. I was told by Venstar resisters were needed in the furnace circuit board in order to stop amperage from flowing through Triac circuits. The solutions is simple, use a thermostat which utilizes relays or add a relay between w1 and thermostat. Here is "OUR" problem, until this week, I was not aware of Triac circuits. I am assuming my fellow contractors and their clients are in the dark as well. The danger to life and property will occur when someone installs a Triac based thermostat, such as a Venstar (the most popular thermostat on the market), on a Carrier/Bryant system that does not have resisters in the circuit board. Also, when existing systems have their circuit boards replaced with new style circuit boards, but still utilize Totaline/Venstar thermostats, which the system was originally installed with. I have been fortunate so far, I just have to replace a set of melted horizontal blinds in a classroom. Yes, it got that hot. If this was a residential setting, I could have dead pets or worse. I am very disappointed with the response I have received from Carrier, as I am a advertising factory authorized dealer, and have been for years. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum that are better techs than myself. I really hope there was a legitimate reason for the change in the boards other than market share.

Thank you

Subscribed.

Good info. We do Carrier at our shop. I'll def get a copy of this for my Journeyman.

We install all Infinity controls. But you never know right?
    Get money, get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Subscribed.

Good info. We do Carrier at our shop. I'll def get a copy of this for my Journeyman.

We install all Infinity controls. But you never know right?
    Infinity/Evolution controls do not have a "purge" cycle so we cannot use them in a commercial app, in addition their zone systems do not have humidity/dehumidity control in their zone stats. For zoning we utilize trol a temp with venstar, since the zone board has relays we are safe for now.